Sunday, January 24, 2021

More paperwork

I'm still loving my Shark vacuum. It's so much better. I got the Dyson out of the closet to vacuum the dog hair off the blanket in the back of the car yesterday. It weighs a ton compared to the Shark, LOL.

The cabinet hanging brackets arrived in the later afternoon, so dh spent a couple hours getting the 4 cabinets put up. He did a bit of stocking the insides with his stuff, but is now out in the shop this morning getting everything organized and put in the cabinets. Mostly all his various cleaning supplies, cans of this or that. 

I started the process to refinance my mortgage at 2.5%, down from 4.375% rate I got in 2019. My boss recommended Ally Bank, so that is who I have started the paperwork process with online. They sure do seem to have it all streamlined and user friendly, that's for sure. It asked for a $550 appraisal deposit, then later in the process it popped up a message that said, due the the information we have on your address, an appraisal will probably not be needed and you will be refunded this at closing. Well, I would think that should speed up the process, not having to wait for an appraiser to get out here. It will save me over $550 a month on my payments and also pay off that 2nd mortgage I have that is 6.29%. I think it's a smart move all around. Just a pain having to do all the paperwork. It said my credit score is 794. Nice and good :).  I still have a couple of documents I need to find - my statement for the 2nd mortgage. The bank just sends this one page thing each month, even though I pay online auto pay each month. I started just throwing them away, but now I realize there isn't a copy available online (this bank is a bit small), so I'll probably have to call and get. The next copy isn't coming for about 2 weeks. I also need to dig out my homeowners insurance policy to send a copy.

We are getting close to needing to replace my 11 year old car, so this will give me a bunch of breathing room to do that, when the time comes. 

I'm thinking about making a cake today. I also need to clean out the chicken coop, but am kind of waiting until it at least gets up to 30 degrees, haha. It was like 17 when I got up.

People who sell (and buy) on Facebook Marketplace are such flakes. DH saw this reclaimed wood table thing he liked, so I messaged the guy at noon yesterday. Sometime in the next couple hours it shows he saw the message. Almost 24 hours later and still no reply. DD said she listed something for sale. A girl said she would stop by at 2pm and pick it up, on her way home from work. At 5 she still hadn't shown up, so dd messaged her and she said she spaced out and forgot, she's on her way, be there in 10 minutes. Never showed up, so the next morning dd messaged another person who had wanted to buy it and they came and got it. 

Well, I'd better get back to getting all my loan documents found/sent. At least my 2020 W-2 was available online. I need to do my 1099 for my side job, then I can upload that. I'll do that in the morning when I log into my side job. I have to upload it via our accounting software to generate the form.

6 comments:

  1. It will be great to refinance, would be interesting to tally up the amount of money you will save over the course of the loan. Will you be able to get out of your PMI, that’s what also helped my kids with refinancing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. according to the numbers Ally provided it will save me like $133,000 in interest. I don't have any PMI on this mortgage. We had paid cash for our property and also did the site work, well drilling and big rockery out of pocket, so we had plenty of a downpayment (like 35%), plus what we made from sale of of house

      Delete
  2. Well poor daughter seems to meet no one but flakes on line, or friends of friends. Some thing about no verbal communication makes lack of follow through apparently ok.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always try to live by the motto treat others....apparently that is a thing of the past

      Delete
  3. I am thinking about selling things online, but I am not sure I am up to dealing with people who do not show up or follow through.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dh would like to sell some things too, but the frustration of dealing with these people is too much.

      Delete