Thursday, January 21, 2021

Price differences

Well, if I had placed a bet, I won it. Of course the monitor cables that finally arrived last night, a week late, also won't work. Why do they have so many different cable connections?! Would make everyone's life a whole lot easier to have one connection on monitors and one on computers, all the same. Wow - what a concept.

I need the monitor end of the cable to be HDMI and the computer end to be DisplayPort. I found (I hope!) this on Amazon and ordered 2 last night. Saying it would arrive by Friday (ya, righhhggttt). Tracking this morning is saying Monday. Honestly, I'm just hoping for Monday at this point. Best Buy in the city had this cable but they were $40 each (vs. $14 ea on Amazon) so I'll just tough it out a few more days. Plus it's supposed to snow today and we don't want to be driving 50 miles each way in that if it's not absolutely necessary.

DH did end up requesting a refund on the gift that never arrived. He had emailed requesting status on it and they emailed back that they have processed a refund. So, now we are watching the Visa gift card for the credit. He just decided to tell me what the gift is, as then he started second guessing himself if I'd like it or not. It's a retro style classic Huffy bike and it's adorable! Will be a sweet little ride to the mailbox or to deliver eggs to the neighbors, LOL. 

But, now it was showing as $235 and he paid $200 (that's all that was left on his card, LOL). He sent me the link so I could shop around. I go to my computer and log into my Amazon (PRIME) account and it shows as $240 - $5 more than it was showing on his computer, under his non-Prime account. What the heck?! What a scam! Guess I'll have to watch out for that, too now when making purchases. Always something.

I need to go downstairs and take some sandwich rolls out of the freezer. We are having french dip sandwiches for dinner. I picked up some sliced roast beef from our grocery stores little deli dept yesterday. I tried to make ham and cheese omelet's last night. I have only made omelets a couple of times and it's been years. I think I need more practice LOL. Scrambled eggs are easier.


6 comments:

  1. I always put stuff in my Amazon cart & check the price for awhile. Especially a more expensive item like the bike. It's cute. I might check it out for myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen that happen to, where the price changes over time, BUT not depending on what type of amazon account you have! Why should I pay more for it just because I have a prime account?

      Delete
    2. I have a prime acct., & have watched the prices go up & down.
      I check daily if it's something I want.

      Delete
  2. That is not right, charging more for Prime accounts! I would love a bike if I could ride one. He made a great choice. I hate omelets, so I would chop a little ham and cheese into my eggs and scramble it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to say--there is a place when ordering that says to tell them if you find the item for a lower price.

      Delete
    2. I haven't ridden a bike in years. I like scrambled eggs much better too.

      Delete