Saturday, September 28, 2019

It's getting chilly

What a busy day half work day Friday turned out to be. A couple weeks ago, somehow my mom got my work telephone number as the number she calls me on (with her cell phone). Well, if she calls after hours and I'm logged out of work, I don't see the call until I log back into work. She has no clue how to fix it, so finally, when DD is at her house today, she will fix it for me. I also told DD to empty out her voicemail, which has been full for at least a couple of months. I find out yesterday morning she called me after work Thursday evening.

I called to check in with her yesterday morning. She said she is still closing on Monday, but decided she would just change her movers to Tuesday. I'm like "um....what does your contract say about when you have to be out? Usually you have to be out by closing day and hand over the keys to the house, unless it's in your contract". She wasn't sure. I said well, stepbrother should know and for sure her agent should know when she has to be out. I told her to call one of them to make sure. I can see from her call log she called her agent.  Then she called the moving company, so I'm guessing she had to change her moving date back to Monday! I also sent Stepbrother a text letting him know, just in case he wasn't aware of it. He's lived in the same house for 30 years, so it's possible he wouldn't be aware of when she has to be out of the house. Or it's possible that he didn't even know yet that she changed it to Tuesday. Then later stepbro texted me back that they got the moving scheduled back to Monday.

I also just got back into her emails to look over the buy/sell contract. Yep, it's checked "possession at closing".  Geez Louise!

DH and I watched Jeff Dunham's new Netflix special last night. He's so funny. We saw his act several years ago. The traffic app Waze now has Achmed and Bubba J as voices you can use for directions. If I still used Waze, I'd totally use them, LOL.

They are still predicting an "historic" snow storm over the next few days. We had some crazy thunder and lightning last night for a bit. It's supposed to start snowing here this evening.

Got another electric bill - $102. Nice

We had ordered a flag pole to put out front. It arrived but they forgot to send the collar, so that won't be here until Monday. DH was hoping to get it up but then was bummed to realize the collar wasn't with it. He did get the hole around the tube filled with concrete. He just mixed it himself in a wheelbarrow.

I made $108 in MTurk income last week and am really happy about that. 

10 comments:

  1. Yuck. Way too early for that amt of snow! Glad things are a go for your mom's place. How tall of a flag pole did you get? We have one too and I'm always sad when we need to take our flag down for the Winter. I do so mostly because the solar light doesn't get enough sun to stay lit the entire night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think DH said it's 25' flag pole. We'll have a light there, but it's next to our gate pier, so we have electric run out there, so it will be able to stay lit. Snow is on it's way it sounds, North of us is getting it already.

      Delete
    2. That is a nice height for flying Old Glory! Very convenient to have power for the light. When we eventually do our remodel/addition, having more outside power sources is on my list. Keep us posted on your snow totals. Last year we had snow on October 5th, and I thought that was way too early. I'm hoping we don't see any of it for several weeks. Although yesterday it was cooler outside, I went wading in our lake. I so hate seeing the sesaon change!

      Delete
  2. Meant to add, too, that I really need to learn about those M-turk scripts so I can up my game! That was great earnings you had last week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was a great week! if you want to send me your email address I'll email you on what I used to increase the $

      Delete
    2. Thanks! Is it okay for me to send my email via the email you use to comment on my blog? Hope that makes sense! Lol I'd love some tips to increase my earnings. I'm only at $28.64 for the week. :(

      Delete
  3. It's a good thing you keep on top of things with your Mom! Otherwise, there would have been a problem on Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like it will be a good thing when your Mom is situated in her new place, with more people to keep an eye on her each day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet you'll be glad when your mom is moved won't you. And I really couldn't imagine having that kind of snow already. Yuck! And thanks for mentioning Jeff Dunham. I have a few of his videos and had forgotten how funny he is!

    ReplyDelete