Friday, January 4, 2019

Books

I'm still continuing to read like a mad woman. There's not much else to do in the evenings and weekends. A couple of books I recently enjoyed, I thought I'd share:

I read a book by Matt Haig called "How to Stop Time". It was pretty good, so I decided to see what else he's written. Over the past weekend my library books on reserve popped out another one as now available for borrowing. It's called The Humans. I really liked this one. It starts out funny, the middle is intriguing and the end is inspirational.  All told from the viewpoint of an extra terrestrial alien, LOL. I read part of the ending twice, just because it was so good. And usually I return the e-books as soon as I'm done (so the next person waiting doesn't have to wait any longer), but it's still sitting in my "bookshelf". I haven't returned it yet, becauese I think I might go through the list of "advice to humans" once again. It was great advice we can all do well to think about once in awhile.

Another book I read during my Christmas break was Every Note Played by Lisa Genova. About a man with ALS.

I did do a bit of binge watching New Years Eve and day.  I discovered there was free HBO weekend on the cable service my mom uses, that I can log into. So, I got to get caught up on season 7 of Game of Thrones. I'm always way behind on that show, but that's ok. Eventually I get to see it.

and now that I have Netflix again (Christmas gift card) I can now watch season 10 of Heartland.

2 comments:

  1. Oh thanks so much for the book recommendations. It's always good for "us readers" to learn when someone else thinks a writer is good. Since I've been retired I haven't been getting my 90 minutes a day reading in (on my bus journey) so I will have to set aside time specifically for that. At the moment it's all go though trying to sort myself out - can't wait to get into some kind of routine and get the old books out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I'm always looking for book recommendations. Lately, I've been having some good luck finding book lists via Pinterest

      Delete