Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Still enjoying another day off

I took Monday and Tuesday off work to spend a little more time with DD while she is here a few days. It's been nice.  Monday we just did a bunch of shopping around (in the pouring rain). It seems like I spent a bunch of money, but I really didn't spend much.

First we went to the bank so DD could deposit her Spring quarter tuition check from Grandma and then we got Starbucks (used my gift card) I finally spent my $50 gift card at Kohl's, plus I had a $5 off coupon and a 15% off coupon. That gave me $65 to spend with nothing out of pocket. I thought I was really close to $65. I bought a pair of jean capri's (my first pair!), a cotton blouse and two t-shirts.  It came to $80........as always seems to happen when I shop at Kohl's, whatever price sign is on the rack I get something off of turns out that the items wasn't really from that rack or something along that lines. I thought the jeans were going to be $29 and they ended up being $37.50.

Then we stopped at Michaels, just to check and see if they had the yarn I need to finish my blanket back in stock. They did and it was on sale for $4.99 so I got the 5 skeins I needed.....that night I got an email from Michaels with a 20% off your whole order coupon. Just my luck! After that was Petco, because I had $10 in Palsrewards that expired that day. I bought 2 boxes of dog treats and the coupons wouldn't ring up. Said I already used them. GRRR! This was the first time I even earned them and the first time I was going to use them. The guy called the manager over who didn't know why either, other than to advise me to call and find out what is going on. She offered me $4 total off the 2 boxes, so I said ok and spent the $6. I went online to my account when I got home but couldn't figure it out and decided it wasn't worth my time calling. I won't be getting dog food there anymore anyway.

Then we went across the street to Penney's at the mall. DD wanted to look for some tank tops and maybe tennis shoes. She found one tank top and a pair of capris.  We had a 25% off coupon, but for some reason it wouldn't apply to the jeans...just the way our luck was going with coupons that day!
We decided to get lunch across the parking lot at Panera. We split a sandwich and chips so lunch only cost $7. Then we stopped at Ross for her to look for some more tank tops and she found a couple there.  I browsed through the home goods stuff while she tried on her clothes. They had some cute wind chimes for cheap, so that's probably where I'll go back to get one or two when I get my arbors flowered and decorated up.

Yesterday morning I took her to a doctors appointment to follow up on her big toenails fungus problem. The oral medication she has been on for 3 months has not worked at all. We saw a different doctor in the  office this time and she is putting DD on a topical anti-fungal medication, plus another 3 month of the oral medication.  I was expecting a big charge at the pharmacy for the new medication but it was only $20.  We went to a little diner nearby and had breakfast while we waited for the pharmacy to open up and get her prescriptions.

Today was back to work (a work from home day) and my boss sent me an email first thing asking how my long weekend was. After I replied she emailed back and told me to take today off, too, with no charge to my vacation time. Again, one of those nice little perks from her! While it's not extra money in my pocket, it is extra time :)  I told her I had payroll and a state tax return to file, so I'd get that stuff done and then take the rest of the day off........and a nap!

3 comments:

  1. that was nice of her to do that. Glad you had a good time with your dd.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your boss! I am glad you had a good time with your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I took a nap today too.
    Mmmmmmm......love me a nap!

    ReplyDelete