Sunday, February 22, 2015

Ta da!

A couple of weeks ago I posted that I wanted to knit something like this blanket

http://onefamilyoneincome.blogspot.com/2015/02/knit-and-purl.html

Well, here is my finished project

I'm still learning, but I'm quite pleased with this creamy, cozy, gorgeousness!  DD said she wanted it about 8 rows into knitting, so this one will go to her :-)

I already have the yarn to make myself one....as I still want one for my sofa.  This one turned out just a bit chunkier than I really wanted so my next yarn is similar, maybe just a touch thicker, but I am not going to double it this time and see how it turns out. The yarn color for the next blanket is also a bit more of an "oatmeal" color. I got it on sale last weekend at Michaels where they were having a buy one get one 50% off plus another 25% off your order. So, instead of paying $7 per skein, I got them for $3.94 each.  Same deal on the yarn for the blanket above.

I think it's safe to say I'm hooked on knitting now, though we'll have to see how much I can stick with it when I decide to try something harder than a big rectangle, haha!



8 comments:

  1. Wow, it's beautiful! Looks so cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well done, I am impressed. I would love to learn to knit and crochet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so impressed - I am great with scarves, but have a horrible time with afghans since they seem so intimidating (I make a lot of mistakes and don't want to rip out 200 stitches). That is beautiful!!! The one afghan I made my daughter stole too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely, OneFamily! I cannot believe you are so new to knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! Gorgeous! Can't wait to see the next one! I crochet, and just can't get the hang of using 2 needles! You go, girl! :-)

    ReplyDelete