Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Smiley

I had my long awaited cosmetic dental visit this morning.  My front tooth and the one next to it are now covered in a temporary veneer that looks so much better! And my wallet (or at least my FSA account) is $1441 poorer!  Ah well, much worth it to finally have a decent smile again and not feel self conscious about those two teeth - they always showed up even darker in pictures, it seemed.

I left for work yesterday morning and my "you have a tire with low air pressure" notice came on my dash. I have had this one tire that every 4-6 months gets a bit low. DH fills it up and it's good to go for another 4-6 months, so I thought this was the same tire and figured it was fine until I got the car back home from work.  Got home and asked DH to fill it up with some air and he realized it was a different tire and it had a screw in it! Whew - glad I was able to make it to work and back with out it going flat on me! Yikes.

I took it the the tire store that's about 2 miles from us. It's a small independently owned store that we have been going to for probably 20 years or more. They fixed me up right away for free and I told  them I'll be back soon for a new set of tires. These tires are hanging in there, but will need to be replaced sometime soon.  DH has been telling me this since last June, but every time he takes a look he says I still have some life left, so keep on going. He told me in June that I would probably need new tires at end of summer/fall, but they are still ok.

I have stuff to write about my "raise", but I think I'll do it in another post.

1 comment:

  1. The joys of these sensors on our cars. With the weather being so cold here in Southern Ontario, dh has had a few days when it has shown he had a flat, only for him to fill it up with air and everything be okay.

    Glad they fixed it for free.

    ReplyDelete