Wednesday, February 18, 2015

I have no idea what I am doing

I'm not having a very successful week :/  Now I messed up my knitting last night. I got done with a row and realized I goofed somewhere near the beginning of the row. I watched a video on how to "un-knit" a row (very useful info to have) and undid the whole row.  When I got it out I was left with this:





My working yarn is 4 stitches into the previous row! How in the world?!  I have no idea how to un-knit this now since the working yarn isn't at the first stitch of the row. 

I am also having no luck with getting my new TV stick to work (or my Blu ray player) so I can stream Netflix and Amazon video. I'm pretty sure it's something in the router or modem. I tried hooking it up to our other tv and have same problem, so it's not an issue with the tv. I googled the issue on Amazon's forums. Some are having issue or similar, they are not getting anywhere with Amazon tech help and those that post on there "solutions" are way to techy for me and I don't understand what I would need to to do change my router settings.  I have an email into my IT guy at work, so hopefully he can help. I'm pretty sure this started when I had to change my router and modem back and forth, when Comcast sent me that stupid new modem.  My blu ray player was streaming fine before all that. I just don't think I noticed the problem right away because I don't watch Netflix all the time.

Well, it's definitely a problem with my home network router and/or modem. I just created a "personal hotspot" network using my iphone and was able to log into the tv stick no problem (I obviously don't want to use that as it uses my phones data) but at least now I know where the problem lies...now I just have to find someone to figure out how to fix it, because what little I can find online is all too hard for me to understand what they are talking about.  Hopefully my work IT guy will get back to me and know how to fix it. I just don't want to have someone else start playing around with the network settings and have it end up messing up my VPN access into work.


4 comments:

  1. I feel your pain - when I make a mistake knitting and I try to fix it I always make it worse and end up having to rip out the whole thing - or saving it until I go to my friend's house who is an experienced knitter and she fixes it for me :)

    Keep plugging along - you'll....we'll get it :)

    Sue :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Turn your knitting around and knit the last three stitches of your previous row. Then you'll be good to go on to the next one. Your stitches look nice and even-- hard to believe you're a newbie!

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much!! That was really an easy fix that looked so daunting!

      Delete
  2. You're welcome! Happy I could help! ;)

    ReplyDelete