Friday, July 19, 2024

Training and more chocolate milk

My sis was able to get her new laptop hooked up and the sound/mic figured out, so we were able to get started for about 2 1/2 hours yesterday with some training. I just shared my screen and gave her an overview of our company and the process of an order from start to finish. As I was training her, my other assistant messaged me that he wasn't going to be able to work again yesterday. He's worked one day in the last week. My sis doesn't typically plan to work for us on Fridays, she's going to reserve that day for her other p/t job she has, so we will start up with the training again on Monday. I think it went well. She has enough work experience that she understands the general process and had some good questions to clarify things or get more detail. She also said she thinks she will really enjoy doing this type of work.

Sorry to those annoyed by my grammar in my blog - LOL. I'm casual and I write casual and often type how I/we talk. Kind of like when I see people type "y'all". Or a book series like Outlander, where the author is trying to convey the Scottish accent with a "Ye dinna mean to say anything?". 

Well, the Dairygold chocolate milk was turned down, LOL. He didn't like it at all, so I guess I will be giving freezing the Walmart chocolate milk a try in order to have some last between grocery shopping trips. Now I have 2 1/1 gallon cartons of chocolate milk to drink myself, haha. I don't usually drink that, but I guess I will be, so it doesn't go to waste.

I woke up with a pounding headache this morning and also spent a good half hour being annoyed by the cat. Some mornings he just content to sleep until I get up, other morning he's not. I got up about a half hour before my usual time, let the cat outside and took some tylenol and tried to go back to bed. 15 minutes later I got up and here I am. Hoping the tylenol and coffee kicks in.

Wildfires are starting to pop up here and there. So far the closest one is about 15 miles from us. The air is a little hazy from the smoke, but not too bad yet. Still hot as hell and will continue to be in the high 90's/100 range until at least next Wednesday. Then the forecast shows a drop to 88 next Thursday and 77 next Friday. That will be nice.

My little solar powered desk calculator that I've had forever suddenly doesn't want to work very well. I use this thing daily in my work and personal life. But now when I input the screen is showing half numbers. Then I remembered my mom had a similar one, but a little bigger, with her desk stuff. I'm sure I wouldn't have gotten rid of it, and I found it in one of my desk drawers. I can use my phone calculator app, but I find it kind of annoying to use, for some reason. But, sometimes for work I have to use it because I'm adding numbers over $1 million dollars, haha.


5 comments:

  1. I had to go back and find the grammar you were talking about. It looks fine to me. Do I need to know exactly how ya is pronounced to enjoy your blog? Absolutely not. I get it. To me is sort of like a placeholder (ex: um")
    Your husband and I have definite tastes in chocolate milk. I will drink Hershey's powdered or liquid in my milk. But, some brands of chocolate milk are just nasty. As much as I like a2milk, I cannot stand their chocolate milk. Happy freezing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's all good with the grammar - it's never been my strongest suit ;) Numbers are, haha.

      Delete
  2. Did you have any computer problems?

    ReplyDelete