Thursday, July 11, 2024

More spending and saving

I managed to use my $10 Kohl's cash and get out of the loop of earning more Kohl's cash I felt like I had to use, LOL. I found a cute fake flower arrangement on clearance and some Burts Bees lip stuff to get it over $10. I think the free shipping ends today.

I've got a bunch of misc stuff in my Amazon cart, to use my $500 gift card on, but I'm going to wait until Prime Day to see if any of it goes on sale and maybe I'll save a little on my purchases. I usually don't have any luck with anything I want being on sale for Prime Day.

I received a $20 off an order of $49 from Chewy in the mail yesterday. That's a good coupon (works out to 40% off) and I'm getting low on cat litter and can also get some chicken feed. I just started my cart and need $2.02 to get free shipping, as well, so I added a small bag of mealworms for the hen. Total is now $30.87. At least they apply the free shipping with min. $49 order before taking off the $20. Since I only have one hen now and not using near as much feed, I decided to try a smaller, 35lb bag of organic layer pellets instead of the usual 50# bag I normally get at the same price. This 35# bag should still last me a long time. And hopefully be better quality food for Gladys :)

I thought for sure we had some Miracle Grow but dh can't find it. I'm like positive I didn't use it all because if I had, last summer, of course I would have ordered more if I used it all up. So, it must be somewhere that dh isn't looking and of course as soon as I get some more, he'll find it :/  We thought we were going into town yesterday or today (to pick up that part for his lift being delivered to the lumber store) so I planned to pick up some then, but now delivery plans have changed.

He had asked several times, when it was being set up to ship, if the delivery would have a lift gate? if so, it could be delivered here. He was told no, so that's when he made arrangements for it to be delivered to the lumber store in town, so they could unload it with their forklift and load it on dh's pickup. Well, he's been watching the tracking (FedEx) and it's been showing at their distribution place in the city since Monday. Finally, someone called yesterday about delivering it NEXT Monday. DH asked if there is a lift gate on the truck? Yes there is. So, he then got them to change the delivery address to our house. Good grief! LOL. For some reason I have a feeling it will still end up at the lumber store, LOL.

2 comments:

  1. I kept losing my miracle grow as well so I kept buying more. I finally got it all together and found I have enough for years now! BTW, chickens are very social animals--I think Gladys needs a friend. Just make sure it's a full-grown hen. If you give her a chick she'll probably kill it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know and I feel bad for her...I just haven't come across someone wanting to get rid of a hen yet.

      Delete