Sunday, July 21, 2024

A good Saturday

Saturday was productive, as well as relaxing. As typical with me, mornings are my productive time. After around 1pm my energy level drops. I washed sheets and remade the bed with a clean set, made more hummingbird nectar and refilled the feeders. I'm having to refill more often with this awful heat we are having, as it just spoils the nectar so fast in these 100 degree days. While it was still somewhat cool outside, I got out there and used the miracle grow on several plants/shrubs. Two that got eaten by deer, and one that we think is just getting burned from the hot sun off dh's den window. Not sure if the miracle gro will help that issue. We have tried various shrubs there and every year, no matter what we plant, it dies. I think after this year we will give up and figure out something else to put there that is decorative. Maybe just a bird bath or some kind of statue or "yard art". We should just go to the antique store and look around at their collection of outside old farm stuff.

I took out the ingredients for the pizza that needed to be thawed. Another good pizza and this time I also added some Canadian bacon, which was good. There's a few pieces leftover and I need to remember to have a piece or two (they are fairly small slices) for lunch today. Or maybe that's what I'll have for dinner myself, and just make dh his bunless burger for dinner. I am still preferring to have my sliced apple with peanut butter for lunches each day. 

The Amazon driver (a girl we've had a time or two before deliver, and she does a good job) showed up with a box of a bunch of stuff I ordered. It was nice to see they put 8 items in one box! I now have my new air purifier set up in my office. It's on low and very quiet - I don't even hear it. I also got a couple of replacement filters to have on hand, so one for each of our machines.

Another fire started yesterday about 12 miles from us. Apparently the train is a big cause of a lot of the wild fires - the train sparks on the tracks and sometimes catches brush on fire. 

We played pool again after dinner last night. DH didn't have any racing to watch on his computer, for a change. I started watching a new funny show I found on Netflix that looks to be 3 seasons, called Loudermilk. So far I am enjoying it. If you like funny, sarcastic a-hole's, this is the show for you, LOL. I don't subscribe to Netflix, I use a log in from DD and so far it still works. This show should keep me busy for the next week or so, with watching it in the evenings.


4 comments:

  1. We’ve got several fires around us now. It’s been so hot, and so dry, and ridiculously windy for the last month. I’m sure it will get worse.

    Diand

    ReplyDelete
  2. With trains running regularly, you will have a constant threat. Not good. I looked at the air purifier, the brand you bought. Was it on Prime sale? I am thinking about getting one for the living room and one for my bedroom. There are still places that have not been vacuumed for over 20 years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was not on Prime sale. I waited to order it to see if it would go on sale, but it did not :(

      Delete