Friday, July 12, 2024

Friday here quickly

The benefit of a short work week - it's Friday already :)  Kind of payday? LOL. Apparently that SoFi account I set up (to get the bonus) deposits your paycheck 2 days early and sure enough the money is in my savings now. At least I know my direct deposit worked ok. 

One other thing I plan to do in the next month is get another quote on homeowner's insurance. Mine renews in August. I just got my renewal notice in the mail and it's showing the same cost as last year, but I remember that happened last year. They sent me this renewal notice in the mail and then right before it was time for it to renew I got another one, this one saying it went up like $200 or $300 per year. So, this year I'm going to get a quote from the insurance through my mortgage holder and see what their rate is, so I can at least compare and maybe get savings.

The work laptop for my half sis to use is getting shipped up to her today, so we should be able to get started training sometime next week. I should have tracking info later this morning, after my boss gets it shipped. My assistant messaged my boss this morning that he's not working today, Monday or Tues, LOL. Plus, before I went on vacation, I sent him an email Tuesday of last week, with instructions on fixing a mix up he created. Apparently he either hasn't read his emails or what, but it's not fixed. I'm so annoyed. I want to get this month this work is for, closed out and need that all fixed, so now I'm going to have to spend time doing it, since he's not working until next Wed.

We had our propane tank filled up yesterday. Usually the guy leaves an envelope with a slip in it showing how much, but he didn't this time, so I guess I'll have to wait and see on my online account, how much it is. Nothing is showing up yet, but he wasn't here until later afternoon yesterday, so likely his office doesn't even have the info yet.

It's still hot and miserable outside and doesn't appear to be letting off any time soon. We'll probably be having fire season get started now, for sure.

Ugh, I've developed a headache at the base of my neck. I just took some tylenol, so hopefully that kicks in soon.

3 comments:

  1. I hope you shared the assistant's not fixing the problem and your frustration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did. I also know he never ready the email as I was able to recall it back

      Delete
  2. To inform the boss that he isn't working that day, without any notice, is really not good at all.
    Not responding to your email must be very frustrating.

    ReplyDelete