Monday, July 15, 2024

Tracking

I've been trying to track this laptop shipment on it's way to my sis in Canada - since it shipped it's just showing the same thing, picked up and to the nearby UPS distribution, no updates that it's even made it to the border (literally like 2 hours from where my boss shipped it LOL) and nothing shows up with a link to pay the duty yet. I will call the UPS store when they open this morning to make sure I'm checking for it correctly. The instructions on the bottom of the receipt give the website and say to enter the "shipment ID". On this receipt is a shipment ID and of course the regular tracking #. I've tried entering both and the shipment ID doesn't come up with anything, let alone the receipt printing is super hard to read. The 8's and B's look the same. The 0's also look like 8's It's an awful font for the receipt, that's for sure.

The weather is still hot, in the high 90's. No change for another week, it appears. Even late in the evening it's too hot to be able to sit out on the patio. Plus, we are having lots of bees this summer.

DH just got a call from the delivery guy, that is delivering the extra part for his lift he ordered (that the mfg gave to him for half price, due to the shipping issues he had) in about a half hour or so. He was just standing there in the kitchen, while I was making some breakfast, saying his luck it'll be 7pm tonight when they call to deliver and then the phone rang, LOL. 

The socks I ordered from Kohl's appear to be the same socks I had, so I was pleased about that - but - they are the bigger size. WTH?! But, they seem to fit my size 7 foot well enough, so I'm keeping them. Then I realized there are 2 ways they size socks, I guess? The page description of the sock says fits shoe size 5-10, but the "sock size" on the package says 9-11, but I guess that is the same thing. They fit and they are the socks I've been searching for, so I'm happy. The first set obviously lasted a really long time, as I couldn't even remember where I got them from, nor did they show up in any store's order history.

This summer seems to be going by really fast and now the cruise in September feels like it's coming up really fast. I also just remembered dh needs to go in to the hospital lab sometime next week for his PSA blood draw, before his appointment with the urologist on Aug 2nd.

Saturday morning, the son of the couple that bought the lot next to us, was out to check on things, I guess. I got to meet him. Seems nice and seems like this is really just going to be a summer home and vacation property for their family. He said his parents plan to come and see the property some time in September and also meet with a builder. That tells me the earliest they will start building is next year and depending on how big/custom of a house they are going to build, it will likely be the following summer before they get to live it in.

Ok, time to call the UPS store and see how to pay this duty.

No comments:

Post a Comment