Monday, December 23, 2019

Nothing too exciting

Yesterday was mostly all about cleaning. Nothing exciting about that, huh? I cleaned the kitchen, laundry room, bathrooms, dusted and vacuumed. DH cleaned some outside windows. DH went over to his friends place for a little while just as I was about done with most of it, so I took advantage of the quiet and took a little nap.

After he got back we decided to put up the dart board in the bonus room. I had gotten this dart board a couple of years ago as a work rewards from one of our manufacturer's for doing online training classes. There were lots of items to choose from, but with the points I had, I chose the dart board, thinking ahead to our plans to have a bonus room above our garage.

It was a bit hard to figure out where to best put it, as this room being in attic space, the ceilings and walls are low and angled, but this spot should work.

I just logged into work quickly and did our state business tax return. I just ran out of time to get it done Friday and it needs to be submitted by Thursday. Ok, now I am officially done working until Jan 2nd. In processing payroll I see that just about everyone at work has taken this time off, so hardly anyone is working.

When I called my mom yesterday morning she said she wasn't feeling too well and was thinking maybe it was something she ate at the buffet in the dining room the night before. She was feeling better last night when I called and her plans today are to run over to that vehicle license place next door to her bank and find out how much her tabs are and then go next door to her bank and get cash (she hasn't received her new checks yet) and then go pay for her tabs in cash. DD says she will not call her this time, LOL. Hopefully she still feels ok today and nothing serious. They are heading over here starting early tomorrow morning.

Today, I still need to mop the flooring, do some of my laundry, and I'm going to make sugar cookies. Sometime today or tomorrow we need to go deliver a gift we got for woodworker guy friend. He had really liked our wind chimes, so I got him the same kind, only a smaller version. DH hasn't wanted to give it to him until as late as possible near Christmas because he's the type that would think he needs to go out and get us something, LOL.

One more sleep and I get to see my DD and mom :)

11 comments:

  1. Wow, you did a lot of cleaning! I'm glad you were able to take a nap and rest a bit. I hope your Mom feels well, soon, and is able to get the vehicle tabs taken care of without any problems.

    Hope your DD and Mom are able to have a safe drive and have a wonderful Christmas with them. Wish you and yours all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're now done for the holidays. I wish you and your family a merry Christmas and only good things for 2020. Anna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad your mother is better and will be with you on Christmas. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're going to have a beautiful Christmas!
    Good for you 🤗

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be very nice, much better than our "non Christmas" last year in the shop, LOL.

      Delete
  5. Oh, I'm sorry you got sick! Even if you feel better, there is no cleaning on Christmas, LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Christmas. Keep blogging in 2020 - I really enjoy your posts. xx

    ReplyDelete