Friday, June 21, 2019

More spam and furniture

I've been trying to log into my mom's AOL email a couple times a day. Again, not much spam, that I see going directly to her inbox. A few I put to spam folder. Then I log in this morning, again, nothing, but I still check her sent emails to see if she's replying to any of this spam. There she goes again.....several times trying to reply to another "we are going to deactivate your AOL account".  These emails don't come from the same email most of the time (though they all say AOL Service or something like that) and most of the time when she does reply she gets a "mailer-daemon - failure notice" - which of course she doesn't understand at all what that means, so she replies again.

I'm not even sure how she got this email yesterday. I don't see it in her inbox, her spam or her trash. But it looks like it came about 9am yesterday morning, after I had looked. I know she usually gets up and sits down at her computer around 9am or a little later. I'll have to try to check just before then to clear out anything spam. She and I just emailed about this a week ago! She assured me she was not replying to them. Does she not remember at all talking about this numerous times? or does she just not believe me, so thinks she knows better and needs to reply? Her memory isn't that bad, especially when something comes up to actually remind her, so seeing an email about deactivating would/should remind her of our discussions about it. At least that's how our conversations have gone about other subjects.

It also looks like she changed her online banking password (from emails from her bank). Somehow I'll have to bring that up with her. When I last visited her and I wrote down all her info in a notebook, so I would have it in case of an emergency. But, I'll need to update that in my notebook (I'm also on her bank accounts, too) so it's up to date. Watch....I'll tell her I want to update my notebook in case she changed anything and either she'll tell me no she hasn't, or if she has, she won't be able to find where she wrote it down, LOL.

In other news, the furniture store called yesterday afternoon and will be delivering the sofa, loveseat and recliner tomorrow morning.  Yay! We'll finally be able to use our living/great room, rather than just walking thru the space the furniture is supposed to be in, LOL. Now.....to keep the dogs off of it....

I'm working a half day today, so we are going to pick up our groceries at Walmart and run a couple other errands. This will be DH's first time not having to grocery shop. I'm sure he will like that, too. DD just did the Walmart grocery pick up at her store, last night. (She was with me when I did it 2 weeks ago). She said she had forgotten how much better Walmart's prices were (she just doesn't like shopping in Walmart). I had referred her, so she got $10 off and once her order went through I received a $10 off code to use on my next order.

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're keeping on top of your mom's administrative stuff. She could be quite easily preyed upon otherwise don't you think!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I'm worried about. I've managed to delete 4 of those emails today already

      Delete
  2. When you go there, can you put succinct notes in large letters reminding her NOT to reply to anything?

    ReplyDelete