Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Electrician/internet update

After I emailed the electrician back with pictures and what the telephone company tech guy had said, I was walking down the stairs and hear DH's cell phone ringing on his desk (he was out mowing the front "field" that's kinda grassy). It was the electrician calling, so I answered it. He said he didn't want us to feel like he wasn't fulfilling what we thought he was going to do, so he wanted to come out and do the internet wiring hook up right, at no charge...but he did explain how they did install the wiring, but it was supposed to be the telephone company, after that, who did the rest of the work. I told him that DH and I had just been saying that a few minutes before he went out to mow....that most likely the telephone company is the one who is supposed to do the rest of the job and for whatever reason they couldn't/wouldn't.  I told him that we explained twice (actually 3 times, if you count when I first called) to the phone company how the electricians set us up. First to a guy that came out to just "look" at what needed to be done. Then explained again to the actual tech that came out. The tech told me that there was no wiring done by the electricians to do it how I was saying it was supposed to be done. It will be interesting to see what the electricians actually end up doing. DH has a hunch they maybe did forget part of the wiring inside the house. We'll see.

So, I accepted the electrician's offer to come out and do this at no charge. Like he said - he/his guys should have explained it to us better what part they did and then what would be needed to be done by the telephone company to get what we wanted. Electrician also said it most definitely can be done, as well as internet out in the shop (without using the "iffy" wi-fi extender) - it just needs to also be done/added to at the "media box" out in the garage, next to the electrical panel. I also told him that to make the telephone work, I had to plug the telephone wiring into the Cat5 plug in, not the telephone plug in. He said something's not right, but made it sound like phone co's fault. But, they are the one's that put in those outlets to plug into, so who knows. He's really busy the rest of this week and next (holiday week) but said they can come out the following week and get us set up right.  I really don't feel bad about him coming out at no charge. He made almost $25,000 off our job, not to mention he had asked DH if he could come back at some point and take pictures of our house/lighting to use in his advertising....so  ya,...he can come fix this issue at no charge.

With the emails and phone call, and trying to get payroll done, I didn't get time to put a cake in the oven, so when I ran into town to get buns for burgers and a few other things, I picked up an apple pie from the bakery section. It sounded good - and I have some vanilla ice cream in the freezer to go with it.

It's been a nice sunny, with some clouds day, but all of a sudden the thunder has started. Hopefully, it's all passed by the time DH's friend comes over to fish at 6pm.

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad the electrician is coming back to resolve the issues. It is so confusing to us "regular" folks. I'm sure he'll make it right. It's his reputation.
    I like the clock and pictures in your previous posts. (I'm behind)
    I can understand your husband being paranoid about the crawlspace/mold. I know that was a nightmare. My brother has a weather station synched to his crawlspace too. I hope you can find time to take a break & relax. Your husband needs to also, but that might not happen.:0
    Take care, Monica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure how I missed seeing your comment, when I was commenting on Linda's post below, LOL. But, you said same thing as me. Us regular folk do not understand all that electrical and phone line stuff. I was pleased he called to make it good for us. The dehumidifier is supposed to be here tomorrow, so hopefully now will give DH some peace of mind over it. Now, if he could just get rid of those darn birds....

      Delete
    2. oh and thank you on the nice comment about the clock and pictures. I wish the clock had been bigger and fit better....now DH thinks there's still a possibility of getting an elk head mounted up there, LOL...(not likely, he doesn't hunt, haha)

      Delete
  2. I hate it when it is somebody else's fault. At least it is going to be done for nothing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they should have explained it better to us. The average person doesn't really understand how all the wiring/networking works, let alone understands electrical wiring! If they would have explained that they put wires in and here's what you will need to have your phone company take over from here and do...it would have been much better.

      Delete
  3. Once licensed as a journeyman, an additional number of hours working in the field are needed before the individual qualifies to take the master electrician or electrical contractor licensing exam. electrician Austin

    ReplyDelete