Thursday, June 27, 2019

Crazy weather and a product review offer

DH and his friend didn't get to fish last evening. The weather got too bad with thunder, lightening and rain. They will try again today, but it sounds like the weather is supposed to be the same again starting later this afternoon. And since he didn't come over with his dinner food last night, LOL, I had to come up with something else for dinner. We ended up having french toast and bacon, which tasted pretty good.

Awhile back I bought a product (it was to remove dents in car panel or other metal) through Amazon. I received an email from the seller company saying I could get a $10 Amazon gift card if I left a review, which I did. I had to do a couple of emails to get the money, which ended up being a $10 Paypal credit, but that was fine too. I think the company is in China or something, but they were quick to reply and get the money to me for leaving the review.  I just received an email from this company asking if I'd like to receive/test and review another product. An organizer that hangs over the back of a car seat. From what I read, they will charge my Paypal $21, but after they ship it, it says they will credit me back for it. After I leave a review they will send me another $5. and I get to keep the product. I'm not sure why they have to charge me for it first. Has anyone else done these type of product reviews - is that how it usually works? I'm feeling pretty trusting of them, based on the first purchase and correspondence I had with them and I guess if I am out $21, I have a two seat organizer (it has 2 in it) for a car.

5 comments:

  1. I've been doing a lot of product reviews via the FB Amazon group I'm in. The group is very well coordinated and I've had zero trouble getting refunded. One review was for (what sounds like) the same car organizers. Most of the time I get reimbursed when the item ships. Today I received two items. One was selling for $25 and the other $36. I'm enjoying the freebies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the info. That's what the email said, I'd get refunded when it ships. I'll give it a shot. If nothing else, DD could probably use these car organizers, or one of them. I'm sure they'll have kids someday, haha.

      Delete
    2. I gave them away (along with a few other items) as a baby gift. Thinking about taking all the other freebies I've received and doing a "Price is Right" kind of game with my grown kids and their spouses when they come for a visit. I've received some "interesting" items. Lol

      Delete
  2. I was going to add that there are a couple fb review groups. I've been considering trying them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucy mentioned those FB review groups in one of her posts.

      Delete