Sunday, June 23, 2019

Furniture and bar countertop

The living room furniture got delivered yesterday morning. I like it and certainly fills up the room now and doesn't make the house seem to huge (and empty). I will need to get some throw pillows and an area rug, at some point. I'm trying to figure out what size area rug to use, as well as finding a design and colors I like. I want something with a little bit of color in it, but mostly beige/neutral.




The woodworker guy finished our bar countertop already and is here now installing it. And he did a wood burning design in it, that DH picked out. I love it. It's definitely a highlight feature of the home now, I think. Very beautiful and personalized. Wood from our trees cut down and the design wood burned into the center piece.

Here it is, not all installed yet, though. I love it.

It's so nice to have somewhere comfortable to sit and it's also so nice not going to have to look at that unfinished part underneath the countertop any longer. Now.....if DH would just get the pantry shelves put in....

13 comments:

  1. Wow! That is a nice, large room. I like the bar and design. It is getting more like a home everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how I accidentally published. The feature I like the most is all the windows for light and the view.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The windows sure make it bright and open. I can't wait to see the view in the winter, too :)

      Delete
  3. It has all come together so nicely! You did a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's all coming together so nicely. Looks like a magazine picture. You'll have to do a little walk through video when you're all finished. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I do need to do a little video walk thru. My boss wants me to do that and send to her. I'm just trying to get more decorated, before I do. Next week need to start hanging pictures.

      Delete
  5. Wow!
    How nice everything is now. I love the furniture & lamps.
    The countertop is special & unique.
    You must be on a super natural high. How exciting to see how everything is turning out.
    Great job!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We've had the lamps for several years - from Target :)

      Delete
  6. It all looks so homey! I am thrilled for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It feels much more homey now that I have furniture, haha.

      Delete