Saturday, April 29, 2017

Look at those teeny tiny words

I had an eye exam yesterday at a Costco optometrist. Super nice doctor, I really liked him. Definitely needed a new glasses prescription. Middle and far distance much sharper and reading will be so much better. He flipped the lenses to what my current prescription is and then back over to what my new one will be. I could read teeny tiny print, clear as a bell. LOL.

Picking out new glasses was not very fun. DH wouldn't help give any input and I could really barely see a thing between my almost blind vision without glasses on and having my eyes dilated. While they were dilating I went out and tried on glasses. Thought I found some I liked, but when I went back to order them after my exam was finished the lady talked me out of them. Said they were much wider than my current glasses and I wouldn't end up liking them. I've always had full rimmed glasses and these were just the top. She also commented that I should be aware they will look thicker without the rim (I have a pretty thick lens on right eye). I had sat down and she brought over some other lenses to try. I hadnt' really seen any full rimmed frames similar to what I have, but I didn't realize there was another display of frames in a front counter down low. She brought over a couple of full framed glasses but they were like blue or black and didn't look good. Anyhow, I was feeling kind of rushed (just because DH was there and waiting) and also feeling totally out of sorts because I couldn't really see and the lights were bright, etc. I have a feeling I'm not going to end up liking these glasses much. I guess we'll know in a week. Afterwards DH said he liked that very first pair the best too (the one's she talked me out of). GrRR!

Exam and glasses (progressive lenses) came to $305, but I will get reimbursed $150 from vision insurance. Not the best vision insurance, but better than nothing, I guess.

So, then I had those ridiculous "sun glasses" on inside my glasses to go outside. We still had shopping to do to get some more shrubs and stop and get a prescription. I don't know how, but I completely forgot my clip on sunglasses are in the glove box. That's where they always are! I felt like half my brain was missing yesterday. Out of sorts for some reason. Then I forgot to pick up my mom a gift card for her birthday, while I was getting the prescription. Oh well, Mother's Day just around the corner, I'll double up :)


4 comments:

  1. That is not a bad price at all for your glasses. Our vision insurance isn't near as good, but still better than nothing. Hope you like your new specks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not for progressive lenses it's not a bad price. The frames were $60 and the lenses were $170. I paid $600 for DHs a couple years ago at an optometrist office. Way too much money. Will never do that again. Costco it is.

      Delete
  2. I absolutely hate picking out frames! I had one pair for about four years. When I got rid of those, people told me how awful they looked! Then, I got the pair I have now in 1998. They are rickety, but I cannot find another pair I like. I absolutely hate what the girls are showing me. I tell them why I don't like the frames and they show me another pair of almost the same thing. I would not pick out frames with eyes dilated because of the light along with no vision correction yet, plus the light and I am out of sorts when eyes are dilated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've had your frames a long time! I end up getting new frames every 4-5 years because my eyes change/get worse. The last go round 4 years ago was because I started needing progressive lenses because I couldn't see to read (I've always been nearsighted). I guess if I don't really like the glasses I just won't look in the mirror haha!

      Delete