Sunday, May 3, 2015

Sunday morning. A nice sunny 70 degree day. Too bad the past several days have been consumed with our wayward son. We have had no contact (ie we have left him alone) with him for 5 months. We got word through a mutual person that he and his new girlfriend (since January and another one with children) broke up (apparently due to some lie on his part, no surprise) and apparently he had been living with her. The relationship with first "friend" (I use the term loosely as this guy was/is a shyster) he had been living with and working odd jobs for since October was on the outs. We got concerned for his well being. He still has no job, it sounds like he's basically sold or traded everything he did have (for pennies on the dollar) and we were concerned if he might even be homeless now. We tried to reach out to him, only to be shot down again.

I took my mom to lunch yesterday for her birthday. Trying to keep the peace and keep my mouth shut. She is fine as long as we just ignore the topic. I've also realized I need to keep my mouth shut to her with info I have heard from others about him.....because it goes straight to him, apparently, and that made me realize that is one of the reasons (besides her money) that he is keeping in contact with her. He can find out what we know that is going on with his life.

I've been on a cleaning frenzy all morning! Now my back hurts so I'm taking a little break to relax the muscles and then I can re-start. I have cleaned and mopped both bathrooms. Swept and mopped the entry way, kitchen and laundry room. I have "un-vacuumed" my good blanket for my bed out of the "magic bag" so that I can put it back on and take of that god-awful red blanket I bought before Christmas. It is FULL of red fuzz balls - sticking to the sheets and other bedding. I just spent an hour vacuuming off as much of the fuzz balls as I could off the sheets. Then I put on my other set of sheets....and because I have used (but washed, of course) them too during the red blanket phase, it was covered in red fuzz balls.  That blanket is going to Goodwill!

DH has been outside working in the yard all morning. He used the weed eater and now is mowing. Poor older dog doesn't know what to do. He hates being outside when the lawnmower is going (even if he is a acre away LOL) and he hates the vacuum too.

The rest of the day? finish my laundry and get all the strawberries I bought yesterday chopped up and ready for strawberry shortcake. Last bunch I bought a few weeks ago I let sit in the refrigerator and they spoiled :/  I also am waiting on a text from the pharmacy so I can go pick up one of DH's prescriptions. - OH! just checked my phone and the text came 2 minutes ago.

This week I am going to approach my boss about using up some of my vacation days to take Friday's off this summer. I doubt it will be an issue, but I just realized how close summer is getting and I'd better be letting her know I'd like to do this.


  1. I am always sorry to hear about what you are going through with your son. I am hoping that he will come around one day to set things right with his family. Hopefully sooner than later.

    1. Thank you T'Pol. It is devastating to us. My daughter even tried to call him this weekend and left a sweet heartfelt voicemail to him and he won't call her back. She said it's been months and don't let it turn into years. Sad.