Monday, May 4, 2015

Shopping deals

I had to go to Target yesterday to pickup DH's Crestor prescription. $162 - ouch! One more year until that goes generic. I wonder how much it will cost then? It will be like getting a raise next year this time!  While there I took advantage of a couple of deals to save and stock up on.

2 bags of Purina One cat food - I had a $5 off when you buy 2 coupon and they were on sale too.
2 large jugs of laundry detergent and a 6 pack of Kleenex - get a $5 gift card back when you buy 3 items, plus I had some coupons that I stacked. I also had a pharmacy rewards save 5% coupon.

All told I spent $43.73 and saved $22.81. I haven't been Target shopping much the past months. DD loved going to Target so I'd tag along and get some deals while there but I pretty much have only been going there for prescriptions lately.

I won't need to buy cat food or laundry soap for quite awhile.

4 comments:

  1. Target just closed all its stores here in Canada, were loosing money like crazy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have 2 Targets here in my town...one is only like a little over a mile away. That's too bad they didn't make it in Canada. They are quite popular stores here in the US

      Delete
  2. Ouch is right!! I love Target .... I'm there at least once a week ... doesn't help that it's RIGHT by work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you have their debit (or credit) Red card? Since I shop there quite a bit I figured I might as well save an extra 5% so I use their debit card all the time. I love their pharmacy compared to the Walmart near me . The one I shop at there is never a line and they will fill a new prescription in like 10 minutes and the prices are the same as Walmart. Walmart was always a half hour ordeal just waiting in line to pick up a refill!

      Delete