Thursday, May 7, 2015

Faster than a speeding bullet

Holy Cow Amazon can ship fast! Tuesday night I ordered an ice cream maker attachment for my Kitchenaid mixer. I didn't even order it until like 6pm. Free 2 day shipping with Prime and it was supposed to be here on Thursday. Ok, cool.  It got here yesterday morning! Seriously 16 hours after I ordered it! How the heck did they do that?! I asked DH if a drone dropped it off. LOL. No, it was the regular UPS guy. Amazon seriously has it's business model down pat.

Now, I can't wait to try making some ice cream! Does anyone have one of these attachments? How do you like it? It sounds like a bit of time to make the  mixture and then a long wait for it to chill, but then the mixer attachment makes it in about 15 to 20 minutes. I will get the ingredients tomorrow and get it started and hopefully have some ice cream on Saturday.

DD did not get approved for credit for her internship. The "class" is only for those majoring in the program. Oh well. It is what it is and she'll either just have to go an extra quarter or load up on a heavy class load a couple of quarters next year.


6 comments:

  1. I don't have any attachments for my kitchenaid, but I want ALL of them! I am trying to wait until I get more into a cooking mood. Let us know how it works!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find Amazon pretty fast up here as well. Well that sucks for dd but it is what it is I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, Love, LOVE Amazon! I don't have that attachment for my Kitchenaid and ice cream of any sort is on the banned food list, but I still want to know how it works out, so please do update and let us know. Sorry about DD and her internship credit. With the change in major perhaps loading up next year will not be as much of a burden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what we are hoping - being out of the dorm and in her own place/bedroom should ease some of her stress and let her focus better on studying, if she has to load up on an extra class.

      Delete
  4. I agree - Amazon is pretty awesome! Depends on where you live & distance to a distribution center. When we are in AZ and order, we have it the next day b'cause the DC is in PHX. A bit longer when we are back in OH, but still fast! Be sure to let us know how the ice cream turns out - may have to get that attachment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh how I WISH I had a Kitchenaid!!! When my old mixer broke (many many years old) I was hoping to get one, but my mom bought me a mixer for Xmas. And it wasn't a Kitchenaid :( It's a nice one, I can't complain ... but nothing beats a Kitchenaid! Love Amazon ... they're like Jimmy John's ... freaky fast!

    ReplyDelete