Thursday, June 26, 2014

Remodel

Not a whole lot to report from the past week.  We have realized we would not do well being a one bathroom family! The remodel guy and his sidekick came last Friday to get the 2-3 day (per his estimate) job started. I had told him the weekend before that I had to order the flooring and it wouldn't be here until mid this week. His reply was he'd get everything done and then come back to finish up the floor last.  Well, he worked all day last Friday - took out toilet, tore out the carpeting and vinyl floor, replaced the subfloor under the toilet, removed the old shower door, prepped the walls for painting and put the tile and backsplash on the counter tops. Then they left and said he'd be back today, when the flooring came in. So......all in all, it's a typical remodel where a 2 day job is going to take 2 weeks - haha!  It would have been nice if he would have at least installed the new shower door so we could have used our own shower instead of trying to share a teeny bathroom with DD all week.

But, I really like the tiled counter top! What a change. At least I got to walk into my bathroom every so often the past week and enjoy looking at it.  They are here right now, so it will be interesting to see if they really get it all done today.  I'm just happy he actually showed up today - I was for sure he'd call last night and be putting me off some more. Hopefully by the end of today I'll be able to post some before and after photos.

As far as budget - as long as it doesn't take him more than the 2 1/2 days (I went with the middle estimate, as I don't think it will take 2 more full days - all the prep work is done - just needs to install everything and paint now) we should be pretty close to my $2500 budget.  Total cost will end up being $2671.22.


1 comment:

  1. Man, I'm sure you'll be glad once that's finished. Glad they didn't call off again.

    ReplyDelete