Sunday, June 1, 2014

Coincidence?


The other morning, while I was at work I got this email from my daughter. After I read it I sat there, at my work desk, with tears falling down my face.  Guess it's a good thing I have walls on 3 sides of me........ I just have to share this:


At 7:00am, the guy that runs the church next door to us came in with 5 other people, a little older than I am. The guy comes in all the time and chats with everyone and is super nice. He told me that my smile lit up the place and that I was such an excellent waiter. He also said that I must have come from a good family and have amazing parents because I was nice, prompt, courteous, etc.
after they ate, I went over to ask if I could get anything else for them. He said no, but that he wanted to do something for me. He asked if there was anything in my life that was troubling me that him and his group could pray for. He said I bet you are thinking of one thing right now, and he asked what it was. So I gave a quick statement about my brother and he asked if he could pray for me, and I said yes. So he said a prayer in front of me with his group.
I thanked him and told him how much I appreciated that. He then asked me how much I wanted him to tip me, haha. I said the prayer was more than anything I could ask for.
He sat with his group for 20 more minutes or so, then they all got up and left.

$40 tip. Probably the greatest day I've ever had serving, and the tip means far less than the thoughtfulness they gave me this morning

5 comments:

  1. This is so touching! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading this brought tears to my eyes! How awesome! And what a wonderful daughter you have to recognize the true value of what they did for her. You have much to be proud of! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should be proud of your daughter. What a wonderful and nice person! May God open all doors for her and give her all she deserves and may she come across only good people. I hope you will sort out your problems with your son soon and leave this heartache behind.

    ReplyDelete