Sunday, August 4, 2024

Still the same weight

Meant to add to yesterday's post - I hadn't talked to/called my uncle in awhile, so I gave him a call Friday afternoon to check on him/say hi. I got a whole 28 second conversation with him, LOL. "I'm doing good, it's been hot here, thanks for calling!" LOL. But, he sounded good/fine. Just funny that when he wanted his inheritance money he was calling me all the time ;)

I didn't get banana bread made yesterday (I will today) but did get 4 loads of laundry done. I still need to put the clean sheets back on the guest bed. Last night for dinner I made a tuna casserole. We haven't had that in a long time. Used to be in my regular meal rotation for years (and in my mom's before that, LOL). 

I feel like I have done so well to cut down on sugar, bread and calories and have still not lost a pound. It's discouraging and when I get on the scale (it's out in the shop bathroom, so I don't check it too often) and see that, just makes me feel like why am I going to all this trouble to eat better and less and no change. Reducing the sugar, I have even finally gotten to a point where I don't crave it, which is really good.

Here's what I eat in a typical day now, with a "normal" dinner thrown in like once a week:

Morning: cup of coffee with stevia and about a T of sugar free vanilla creamer. 20 cal

Breakfast: instant breakfast with milk. 210 cal

Lunch: apple with approx 2 T peanut butter. 300 cal (tastes good and I like the protein from the pb)

Snack: 1 square of dark chocolate. 63 cal

Dinner: dinner varies, but it's almost always (except like last night I made a full dinner) something light, like a salad, a sandwich, or an egg fried. I would say my dinner calories average under 500 most days now. I'm also drinking a lot more water every day.

Until last week, I have not been having any evening snack (nor was I craving anything anymore) but I did start having the yogurt snack. Cal 150

Before, just my morning cup of coffee was 350 cal with the real cream and the amount of white chocolate sauce I was adding. I was also always having some sort of dessert on hand - either cookies to eat throughout the day (and evening) or cake, or pie.  I'm not trying to lose a bunch of weight, but I guess I just assumed that cutting out all this sugar and reducing calories, I would maybe drop 3-5 pounds, at least. At this point, I guess I'm just telling myself at least I am not putting as much sugar into myself anymore, which is a good thing.

We saw neighbors DIL backed into the garage last night, looks to be packing up, so they can leave today. This past weeks visit was the most non-intrusive they have ever been - how having house guests should be! We wouldn't let our houseguests intrude on their lives and they never should have ours. Not that they won't next time, haha, but at least this time was so much better. Two reasons, I think: They have no big barking dog (and then didn't leave him here, like they almost always did before, for months) and it was too hot out for them to be outside much, so they weren't spending their time playing right in front of our gate. Like dh has said - why, when they have this nice long paved driveway and our street in front of all the 7 lots is long (with a culdesac at the end to turn bikes around or walk down to), do they almost always either ride or walk back and forth, turn around, just in front of our place? So annoying.

Well, I hear dh up and about. Time to go downstairs and make him his egg sandwich. Then I'm going to come back up to my desk and finish getting some new jeans ordered from Kohl's. The last 2 pair I got like 9 months ago, I really like. They are getting a bit worn and I see they are on sale for only $13, so I need to snag them (and it's free shipping).


6 comments:

  1. Do you think you're eating enough?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably not and I might as well add some, since it doesn't seem to make a difference at all.

      Delete
  2. Add more vegetables. Lots of raw vegetables will do the trick. When I lost so much weight once, I ate lots of raw vegetables for snacks. I ate more food to lose weight. Of course, I didn't increase anything but fiber. For a snack at night when I was so hungry, I heated about a fourth of a can of greens and ate it. If I was hungry again in thirty minutes, I would eat another fourth of the can. People commented that I just rented food because i ate so much fiber. Oh, I would eat dried prunes everyday because it was too much trouble to cook them.
    I carried a package of prunes everywhere I went. Eating more was my key to weight loss. I even had a Hershey bar EVERY evening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never ever much liked vegetables, so that is a hard one for me, LOL. I buy some, with the intention to eat them (raw) but end up with waste in my fridge :(

      Delete
  3. most days for dinner, my dinner is same or lighter than my breakfast, in terms of calories. I will just have a salad, or a sandwich. Or even a bowl of FiberOne cereal. I just find it strange that after almost 2 months of this, I haven't even lost a pound. I've also pretty much been doing the 16-8 thing, or whatever it's called. Eat during the 8 hours, fast for 16 and no change.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The health benefits are amazing!!! But you'd need to add some exercise of some kind to truly see the weight shift I think. Like you said, knowing that the sugar intake has decreased and you're eating better is pretty amazing though.

    ReplyDelete