Saturday, August 3, 2024

Quiet Saturdy morning time

I think this was the fastest week go by ever. I swear it was just a couple of day ago it was last weekend. We don't have any plans this weekend. One more 100 degree day to get through (ie stay inside) and then it will cool down to more normal days. The river has been pretty "inactive" this summer. I'm guessing it's too hot to bake on float going down the river and the fishers have had time limits put on them due to the heat.

I do need to get a few loads of laundry done today. A load of my clothes and the sheets from our bed, as well as I need to get the sheets on the guest bed washed and remade. I have a couple of overripe bananas so I think I'll make some banana bread, but use monkfruit (not sure if I've made that with monkfruit before or not) and remember to add some applesauce in place of about 1/4 of the banana needed, as that tasted so moist the time I did that when I didn't have quite enough banana.

I found a funny show to watch on Hulu (which I am still subscribed to through November at .99/mo) called Unprisoned. A 30 minute comedy. Two seasons and I just started the 2nd season and am loving the addition of John Stamos, as a life coach type counselor. Very funny.

Yesterday my boss sent me a spreadsheet she had done up on the 2 weeks we tracked the assistants work done/time worked. She wanted me to double check it. Some of his time worked we know because of the time stamps invoices added have. The payments he posted, we just have to estimate for the most part. But example: a check we received paying ONE invoice does not take 5 hours to post! That's all he did one day. It doesn't even take 5 minutes. So, she estimated he worked 13.75 hours out of 48.25 that he clocked in for. Her spreadsheet also had some info on "timesheet fraud", which she researched and wowza! She said she will be showing him this as well, asking him how he plans to have the ethics required of a lawyer/bar association, while stealing wages from an employer? She won't charge him, but wants to just hopefully put some fear into him that this is serious and if we were to charge him, he'd likely get kicked out of law school, at a minimum. (not to mention the possible 5 years in prison this type of conviction can have!). Hopefully, this will all be past us next week and we can move forward with my new assistant (yay sissy!) with no problems.


3 comments:

  1. WOW! Those are pointed and powerful charges. She is slow but now very thorough. As long as he has done this, I doubt he will quit this type of activity. Good for her, finally.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly doubt he will quit this type of mindset, either, but at least we will be done with him. He likely won't do very well in his career, but of course will be the type that blames it on everything but his own poor ethics.

      Delete
  2. Good for your boss and like you say, let's hope it shakes him up. Years ago we had two guys who routinely went into work at the weekend for overtime (in the roneo). They would clock in at the front desk and then climb out the window and spend the day in Geneva - and nobody had the balls to ever do anything about it! I guess they're all afraid of their own shadows aren't they!

    ReplyDelete