Wednesday, August 21, 2024

DD shared a funny story

DD has been having lots of changes with her job the last year or so. First her dept. group split off into 2 groups. With the split she got different suppliers to handle/learn. Now they are moving the office to another nearby facility. Then just before that happened she found out they now wanted her to change groups again. And they wanted her to do this change because a lady in the other group is driving everyone and her manager nuts, so they are moving her somewhere else. 

In the meantime, ever since her original group split in two, her 2 co workers she liked best and who went with the other group, are always emailing her that they really miss working with her. Well, turns out because she is going to take the position of the lady they are transferring, she gets to be back with these 2 from her original group. One found out about it yesterday, but the other lady didn't know about it yet. DD was moving over this morning to her new desk at the other

 facility. They decided to surprise the one lady. First, the lady who knows, put up a few signs taped to her desk area "Dreams really do come true" "It's going to be a great day!", etc. The lady who doesn't know what is going on, walked in (they get there really early, like 5am, dd not until 6am) and was like what is this about?! Dreams don't come true - I didn't win the lottery and I'm still here! LOL. 

About an hour later dd walks in with her box of stuff and says to the friend, can I sit here (at the empty desk next to her) and she says oh sure, that lady got transferred so the desk is free for now (thinking that DD was just going to use it temporarily, due to this moving out of the other office). DD says "can I sit her forever?!"  The friend was like "WHAT?!! are you kidding me?!"  She was happy and spent the rest of the morning walking around saying "it IS the best day!".

About a half hour before my bedtime, I started watching a good movie on Hulu last night, called Joyride. It's an Irish film from 2023, I think. So far it's really good and I will finish it up this evening.

Still trying to decide what to have for dinner tonight. I think I might do some pancakes and bacon. I think I have some bacon in the freezer that I can thaw out quickly.  Last night I just had a salad and some sliced ham. The night before I had 2 of the leftover slider sandwiches. I still haven't lost a pound, LOL. I have completely lost my sugar cravings, so that's good.


4 comments:

  1. That is a funny story about your daughter's job. Sorry about the lack of weight loss. Eat lots of fiber. Try prunes. lol...won't mention eating more vegetables.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ok, I did eat corn on the cob with dinner last night. Happy?! LOL Do apples have much fiber? I eat one every day. It seems if I ate everything I'm supposed to eat to lose weight, I'd gain even more, haha.

      Delete
  2. Having great colleagues changes everything. You can all get stuck in together and nobody minds. And yet one bad apple can ruin everything. So happy for your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She messaged me yesterday after her first day "on the new job" and said the employee kitchen and bathrooms are nicer than her old office, LOL.

      Delete