Friday, June 10, 2022

TGIF for sure

I'm a day behind posting this one, since I was busy with the vet appointment yesterday.

After mom got back from breakfast Wednesday I gave her a call again to suggest she look for her lost keys in her dresser drawers and told her to make sure she digs down under the socks and items in the drawers because they are probably underneath. She said "oh, I think my keys are on my table, but let me check". I watched her on camera go to the table (no keys) so then she went into her room (I can't see much in there, just a bit inside her doorway) and pretty quickly she came back to the phone and found her keys! Whew. But she is now convinced she needs to hide them so no one comes in and takes them. She said "so, where should I put them, then?" I said just leave them on your table. Then you always see they are there. That's where you have had them for over 2 years with no problems! She said she was worried someone might come in and take them. I said if they are already in your apartment, then they don't need your keys! She said well I guess you are right about that, LOL. She put them on her table. We'll see how long that lasts.

I decided to finally get a new set of hair clippers for cutting dh's hair. We have had this Wahl clippers for I don't know how long now. 12 years, maybe longer. I have been cutting his hair a long time. The part where you can switch the blade back and forth to a shorter trim has worn out. I have to hold my finger on it, if I want it on the longer setting. Plus, the blades are just wearing out. I think I paid like $35 for this at Walmart way back when. I decided to get another Wahl brand one but ordered one that is cordless and has self sharpening blades. Plus it doesn't have all the different length attachments. With is hair (what is left of it) kept so short now, there is no need for all that. This one was $60 but should now last us for the rest of time, LOL. 

I just can't do the Facebook friends that will share every post/page/picture/meme they come across. I just don't get it? Why? I must have "snoozed" a co-worker awhile back for this reason and the snooze time must be up because suddenly that's all I'm seeing come through my feed is post after post by her. In 3 hours last evening she did over 50! Does she not realize these show up on her friends feeds? Just click like on them, if you enjoy them. Why put every single one on your own wall? It was classic cars, cats, flowers, meme's, etc. Well, this morning she went to "unfollow" status, LOL. Gosh, I don't mind a few a day, but not 50 a day. Plus she never posts anything personal to share. 

Not to sound whiny (but I am, LOL) but this added having to call my mom every morning at 7:15 and then call her at 6:15 for her meds is getting tiring. I have now had to call her every morning this week to get her out of bed. I can watch her come out into her living room to answer the phone. I say "Good morning! I'm just calling to make sure you are up to go down for breakfast at 8am". Then there is this few seconds of silence from her....then.."oh...ok, I guess so". Then I have to repeat she needs to get her breakfast now. This morning I woke up with a headache, I'm trying to get myself going this morning, not to mention it's payroll processing day. I cheated and just called her number, saw her get up and make her way to the phone and I hung up. Then I watched, hoping she didn't go back to bed. She probably just stood there for at least a minute just looking at her clock next to her phone, trying to figure out what she is supposed to do. Then she went back into her bedroom and I saw her head towards her bathroom and saw that light come on. Now I see she's dressed.

Wednesday nights pills turned into a 40 minute ordeal! She actually called me at 6:20 to say hi. So, since I had her on the phone I said go ahead and dispense your pills (it will let her up to 30 minutes before the notification time). Ok, yep, it's 5 pills you need to take (same thing I have to say every evening). I see her pour them from the cup into her hand. (again, the video quality isn't the best, sometimes it's hard to see detail or the video only records for 30 second intervals and if I don't click on "continue?" soon enough I have to start it over and miss a few seconds). So, we hang up and I watch her just sit there and look at the pills in her hand. For like 3 minutes. In my head I'm screaming "just get up and take the pills! It's the same pills every day!". Finally she gets up and heads towards sink and I switch view to the other camera. I can tell the way she is holding her left hand, she has the pills in her hand. Instead of getting a glass of water, she starts opening cupboards and drawers and the fridge. She repeated this probably 6 times. I was like what in the world is she looking for/doing?! By this point it doesn't look like she has the pills in her hand. She the goes into her bedroom/bath and I can't see what she's doing. She then comes back out (the whole time I'm like just take the pills!". She goes back over to her desk where the med dispenser is and stares at it, then starts trying to dispense pills again (it won't). Finally I decide to call and say "hey, your pill machine is telling me you are trying to get pills out again, but we already just did that about 15 minutes ago". I said I don't think you've taken them yet. Get her to go look for them and she says she can't find them. Did she end up taking them and I missed it? I had her look around one more time. Then she says (she's back at her desk where phone is) well, there's the cup here but there's just the one little white pill in it. I said oh you must have missed pouring that one out. Ok, well let's get that one taken and she did. Still not sure about the other 4 pills, but nothing I can do about them at this point. We hang up. A few minutes later she calls me back. She found the 4 pills wrapped up in a kleenex! I stayed on the phone to make sure she took them. By then it was 7pm. Exhausting.

She was also up 3 times last night, for about 15 minutes each time, which isn't usual. She got up at 11:30 (she went to bed at 9). Then again at 2:30 and she seemed to wander around her apartment for 15 minutes. And then she did the same thing again just before 5am. Still dark out. At one point I saw her peek out her blinds so she could see if it was dark or light out. She has now been on this new medication since Sunday. It doesn't seem to be having any side effects, so far. If it's doing anything, I guess it will just be that she stays at this level of dementia and slower to get worse. We'll see. I plan to go see her next weekend to do laundry, etc, so I am going to also see if I can do a tour of the other place while I'm there. It's just a short walk across the parking lot.

TGIF! And it's our Mrs. Neighbors last day of work. She is not at all excited about retirement. Again, I find that so sad that at 72 years old she can't find enjoyment in NOT working! DH has his "happy retirement" "sign" all ready to set up today, LOL. We have one of those huge Minion Christmas blow ups. They are holding a sign that says "Ugly sweater contest". We wrapped it with brown wrapping paper that dh had drawn flowers and written "Happy Retirement!!". LOL. He's going to put it on the very side of our yard where she pulls her car up to then back into her garage. I'm sure she'll see it. It's huge, LOL.


2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear about pup! As for your mama, I am glad you're looking into the other facility, as it has progressed even since you got her that new prescription. Sending you an extra hug today! Also love that sign for Mrs Neighbour, but I agree with you - kinda sad she doesn't seem to enjoy the idea of retiring - she has worked so hard!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. she's only been on the new pill this past week, because it took almost 2 weeks to get here, so not much change since she started that, but definitely in the past 2-3 weeks there has been more of a decline

      Delete