Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Back to normal Tuesday

It was an uneventful night with the animals, so that was good. Though this morning kitty is being a total terror. It's like when we first got him. I thought neutering was to calm him down, LOL.

Tomorrow morning is dh's consultation appointment with his urologist to discuss his prostate cancer and options. I planned to do a Walmart grocery pick up order to schedule for pickup in hour after his appointment. His appt is at 8:30. I'm guessing it won't be more than an hour, if that. I was going to schedule p/u during the 9-10 hour. Only it's same as last time I tried to order. The only hours they are showing available is 8-9 and then not until 2pm. I highly doubt they are busy on a weekday morning. I have been there many times at that time of week/day and half the time there might be one other car there picking up. My guess is they do not have the staff available. So, I went ahead and just did the 8-9 am slot. Just try to get there as soon as possible after 9am. My guess is we'd be able to be there by 9:30 at the latest. The doctors office is less than 5 minutes from Walmart. I guess if we get there after 9am and they can't load us up and have to cancel it on me, then I guess that's what happens. I can't imagine the dr appt really lasting much longer than 30 minutes. We're there for the dr to say ok here's your options, here's what I recommend, think about it.........

After I got up this morning I started having this little spasming pain in my back between my shoulder blade and spine. It's annoying me! I didn't feel it when I was in bed. I took some advil earlier, but no help. It's not constant, but almost.  

One of the things I picked up at my mom, mixed in with all the notes and papers she doesn't throw out is her year end social security form for tax purposes. She had opened it, but obviously not something she even registers anymore what it is for. She at least used to either call me and tell me it came in the mail (even if she wasn't quite sure what to do with it) or she would set it aside. I just need her interest/earnings forms from her investment account and her savings & CD at a credit union and then I can do her taxes. I think I now have her investment one to just send me via email, rather than mailing to her, so that should come soon, too.  Her tax return is always pretty quick and easy to do. 

The roads were so good yesterday and so terrible today. Icy and a blocking accident out on the east bound interstate this morning. DH said cars were going by all morning, being detoured. I said we need to run to town sometime today and pick up your prescription at the pharmacy. So, we go do that about 11am. The first 2-3 miles to town there are quite a few cars and pickups passing us. The interstate is usually mostly semi's. I said , just an innocent question, "where are all the semi's?" Dh snaps off "they've been going by all morning". Hmm. ok I thought to myself, just strange we've been driving and not seen a one passing us on their detour route, since usually there are more semi's then cars. Then we turn the bend, where from here on, for the next 4 miles or so you can see the interstate.....it's miles and miles of semi trucks stopped, one after the other. I just said "oh, there's all the semi's". Never did see a semi pass by on the road we were on.

We've paid the first $2.42 towards his medical deductible for this year, haha. Only $6, 997 more to go!

My back has stopped hurting. The day is getting better.




6 comments:

  1. Kitty is getting some payback for yesterday LOL! I can only assume they cut your WalMart times due to staff shortages or supply shortages. Literally everyone is getting sick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh my is he ever! He finally settled down and is off somewhere taking a nap. LOL.

      Delete
  2. I think, from what my friend told me, that neutering a male cat makes them less like to fight and they are not interested in females. It must not cure the zoomies or take the kitten out of the cat. That is a lot of trucks! When you get all her items mailed to you eventually, she will not have so many worries. I wonder though if she forgets it, she even worries for a moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's what I was told about our previous cat we had for 16 years. He was getting into fights so we had him neutered. It was so many trucks! Just one after the other lined up for miles. I don't even think that the form for her taxes even registered with her anymore what it is for. I'm thinking all the mail (which is mostly junk mail she gets now) just now looks all the same to her. she will keep mail about car warranties and hasn't had a car for 2 years now

      Delete
  3. I wouldn't envy trying to do my parents or MIL's taxes, but I suppose you are skilled in that area. Good luck tomorrow with learning positive options.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just use TurboTax and honestly her return usually takes me like 15 minutes to do. Easy peasy. It's just putting in her social security income, her distribution from her retirement account for the year and some interest earned.

      Delete