Monday, April 15, 2019

Monday Misc

Since I adjusted my mom's aol spam settings last week, she has hardly received any spam at all. It all seems to be going into her spam folder. I'll keep checking her account for the next week or so, just to make sure, but I think it's helped a lot.

Now, supposedly the framer isn't coming until Wednesday to put up the staircase railing. The electricians are here today, doing most of what they can finish, but other things are still holding them up to get 100% done.

I had ordered a pack of 5 re-usable/washable pads for my new Bona floor mop. They are a generic brand, but they worked fine and washed up nicely. I think they were like $14 thru Amazon for the pack.

On Friday our  neighbor, who has a new job with the county health dept, asked if we would complete these survey's they are trying to get everyone in the county to do. Sure. When he came and picked them back up he said we get two $10 gift certificates to the town gas station. I said oh, just give them to someone who really needs them! He wouldn't, so now I have $20 to get gas with, LOL

There's not a lot going on. How boring is that?!

The story on the sale of FIL's house and will seems to change every few days. First it was everyone needed to sign an affidavit ok'ing the sale and then it could close and the will wouldn't need to go through probate. Now it's the will has to go through probate before the house can even close. So, if that's the case, that could takes months, so I'm guessing they'll just have to put it on the market at a later date and try again. Who knows. DH just said whatever....if I need to sign something send it to me. He's not the executor and neither of us has the energy right now to deal with it. Whatever happens happens. It would just be easier if they/she stopped changing the info every few days. Eventually it will get figured out. Not a huge concern, just a bit annoying, since we already have enough issues to deal with on a daily basis.

I'm trying to drink more water. I am the worst at it. Every time I make the attempt I give up because I get tired of having to go to the bathroom every half hour. My DH drinks tons of water (and he has to pee all the time, LOL).

4 comments:

  1. I am glad to read that your mom is getting fewer spam emails. I can't believe just how many delays you've been having with one thing or another when it comes to getting your house done! You are being so patient with all the delays, too. Hope the week ahead is a good one for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we are, sadly, just so used to all the delays now. We expect them, now.

      Delete
  2. I'm sorry you are dealing with this; I feel your pain. My mom is having a somewhat similar issue. It might lighten the load a bit to watch James Veitch Ted Talk on spam email. If revenge is sweet, then this guy is worth 50 lbs of sugar. I laughed so hard! Best of luck and I adore the blog. My husband and I love the pictures of your house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thanks for commenting! I'll have to check out that Ted Talk. I could use a good laugh :). I talked to my mom for a good bit today and she seemed to be doing really well, today.

      Delete