Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Little by little progress

The fireplace guys came and hooked up our gas fireplace and put the trim piece around it. Looks nice. It does put out nice heat and I guess there is a battery back up thing, that if our power goes out, we can still have heat blowing from the battery power.

Still no mason guy. He did call DH this morning and said now he'll be out later in the week to get started. I just got a call from the cabinet lady. She won't know until Friday what day the cabinet is supposed to be delivered to their shop (the following week), but she has talked to the granite people about keeping our schedule going. They will come out to template, either tomorrow (as scheduled) or possibly Thursday. That is fine, as then they said they need 3-5 days to cut the granite tops, which by then the replacement cabinet should be in and installed.

The excavator guy and a helper (and some help from DH) worked all day yesterday getting more of our rockery areas done. Got the first driveway lined on each side and an area in front, where we will have lawn. They are working again today (but with no helper), and should have most of it done by the end of today. He's working on a very short wall behind our shop and between us and our neighbors, today. Our neighbor lady asked if we were putting in a couple steps between our lots (out lot slopes down a a bit to their lot)...so we can visit each other without having to walk out to the road and around, LOL.  Yes, we will ;) and that's where will put the gate between us, too.

The plumbers just got here and will be installing the master bath tub, faucets, shower faucets and the half bath pedestal sink and faucets. I'm not sure about bathroom sinks...they are undermount and I'm not sure how that works. Plumber said something about the granite installers attach them during their installation process. I like our plumber guy, he's really nice and I like his Ukrainian accent :)

The dishwasher is to be delivered this afternoon, sometime. I am feeling really tired this morning. I feel like I slept good, though.

DH's buddy sold a few of his acres. They just really need a vacation, he said, so are using some of the money from the sale for that. So, they and their 2 teenagers spent 13 hours in a car to their destination, spent 3-4 days sightseeing, and 13 hours back in car. No thank you, LOL.

I just went next door and let old pooch back in the house, as she had been laying outside by herself, again, for awhile. Poor old girl. I wonder why she can't seem to get back in the doggy door now. She can get out, LOL. Neighbor said she has a vet appointment for her next week.  Neighbor guy picked a good week to go out of town - he doesn't have to work at home and listen to the backhoe and rock noise these past 2 days.

12 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, you guys are getting so close!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it really is close...we just need the dang kitchen cabinet and the rest can fall into place.

      Delete
  2. The fireplace looks very nice. It is amazing how you pick everything separately and when they come together they turn up so beautiful. You could be flipping houses. Lol! (I know you wouldn't want that for a loooong time or may be ever)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww, thank you! A lot of the subs that have been here lately have said I have really good taste, but I don't think I'd like to decide for others, haha. When I graduated high school I thought about being an interior designer. That lasted about 2 quarters of classes and I switched to accounting, LOL.

      Delete
  3. We have very similar floors, if not the same--acacia? I had only two demands, one of those was absolutely no carpet whatsoever. The wood is throughout, except baths, which are a vinyl--didn't ever want to scrub grout on floors again, and I thought vinyl versus tile would offset some of the wood cost. I can't even remember what my backsplash looks like, or my countertops, and
    STIIL no replacement vanity, so I'm not going to find out any time soon. *sigh* Fortunately, there are plenty of other things they can do in the meantime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We used a waterproof wood laminate by TAS, called Nautilus Appleton. I went with Armstrong and Mohawk vinyl in baths, laundry and entryway. Our bedroom is carpet, as well as most of upstairs is carpet. Speaking of grout...I've been trying to get the "grout haze" off our shower floor. Ugh.

      Delete
  4. Love the fireplace and mantel. It is all coming together. Lets hope the kitchen cabinet arrives, intact, in time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keeping fingers crossed. Third times the charm, haha.

      Delete
  5. Your fireplace looks lovely! I just hope your kitchen gets done soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow-I love your choices in the Fireplace. I could picture every snowy evening curled up with a book and the fire-never leaving until I have to. Congratulations-you are getting close.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can picture it, too. It definitely has the winter lodge feel. Now I need comfy sofa and chairs with pillows and blankets ;)

      Delete