Tuesday, April 2, 2019

A nice surprise

I've mentioned before that any time I hear (usually via email) about a class action lawsuit I might be eligible for, I check into it and register my claim. I've gotten several checks over the years. A few extra bucks, is a few extra bucks. I think the biggest one being like a Sprint check for $66, haha.

I just got a check in the mail from a class action lawsuit against Chase Bank - related to, of all things, our bankruptcy back in 2010. Apparently they sold off debts after they were already Ch. 7 discharged and reported them incorrectly.

I had no idea what to expect in the check. Maybe $50? It WAS $438.75!!! Woo hoo! I can sure use that right about now. That was definitely a suit signing up for.

Painter Lady, hubby, and son were quite pouty yesterday, after DH told them what's what. DH wasn't mad, mean or angry. Just said, we've had enough, this is how it's going to finish out and this is what we expect. Her son showed up with her suv a couple hours later and they started loading all her supplies that are in our garage, into it. I'm not sure if the son had planned to come or not or that came about after DH told them it needs to get cleaned up now, so the electricians can come back and finish their job. I'm sure she'd have just left it all spread out all over the garage as long as she felt like it, if DH hadn't have said something.

And now apparently all the leftover "grout haze" that he left all over the tiling is ours to clean up. I'm guessing it's not just going to wipe off with a wet rag.....

Our front entrance concrete might have to be torn out and redone. That spot was ready and prepped for 6 weeks before freezing temps hit....but they waited and brought out the concrete truck literally the very last day of the season they could pour concrete and really it was too late/cold then. Then they didn't do anything to keep it heated and warm (DH's dad used to do concrete, he said he would have brought heaters and/or insulated blankets to put on it). so it froze before it could get completely cured and crumbled on the corners. The pad they poured for our little shed is junk.

Painter lady literally only worked to put her supplies in her car yesterday. and I highly doubt that was the plan, until DH told her the electricians need to get back. She spent all the rest of the morning and afternoon doing absolutely nothing. She was outside playing with her dog (they've been bringing one of their dogs, instead of both, and leaving in the car). DH walked by and asked her when she was going to do the little bit of touch ups still needing to be done in the house. She had some long explanation that she's coming tomorrow to do it. WHY!?! Why not take 15 minutes and do it today? and not even come tomorrow? Just. do. not. get. it. The only explanation we can come up with is if contractor still thinks she's not done with this job, she can basically screw off all day and not have to get started on one of his other numerous houses he's building.

There is a door that goes in our garage, to the "utilities room" (hot water heater, etc). They still haven't installed it. Just keep moving it around the garage, because it's in their way. Hang the dang door! Another 15 minute job. They've spent more time moving it the past 3 months it's been sitting there, than it takes to install it.

I watched a pretty funny comedian on Netflix. Nate Bargatze. Nice PG funny every day life stuff. Then I watched The Highwaymen with Kevin Costner and Woody Harrelson. It wasn't too bad. A bit slow. If that is really how people acted if they really did bring the shot up car with Bonnie and Clyde still dead inside it through the town, just wow! People are something.  I think I'm done watching Doctor Who. I'm just not getting into the new cast for season 5.

DH hasn't been able to talk to his dad in over a week. Even though FIL called one day last week (I talked to him) and said he just couldn't breathe very well and would call DH as soon as he could. DH has still tried to call him every day, but no answer. His brother said he talked to him last Thurs and Fri...(I talked to him Thurs) but maybe after those calls he wasn't up to another one. Doesn't sound good, though.

Well, trying to re-establish my remote connection to work. They lost their internet service for a few minutes but when it came back on my office computer went offline. Oh, and painter lady just showed up........yay, another day with her......

8 comments:

  1. Painter lady has an attitude and a half doesn't she!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG - you should hear what is going on today. I guess that's going to have to be another post, haha!

      Delete
  2. Hopefully this build will be completed soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just breathe and imagine how nice it will be when this is over... Great weather, singing birds... You are sitting outside with a cup of coffee, taking the view in... Just breathe...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, not to brag, but we haven't had any issues with our build other than the snow--it cost us a month not only in the conditions on the roads, but also to get the humidity level down to where they could continue to work. I only ever deal with the superintendent, and I've grown to like him a lot. He has a mind like a steel trap--how he keeps the details of all his builds that accessible off the top of his head is beyond me. The subs really respect him too, and enjoy working for him. He's talked me out of a few silly things, talked me in to wiser things, and talked me down at least twice when I wondered what on earth I had done! I told a friend I was sure the contractor and superintendent were getting tired of me, and she said "Do you pay your draw? On time?" When I answered "yes" to both, she said "Then they're not tired of you, trust me." Now, off to walk across the street and see the cabinet installation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice! I wish ours was like that. The framer was good about making suggestions and talking us out of stuff. I appreciated that.

      Delete