Thursday, September 13, 2018

The chilly weather is here

I'm still waiting for all my mail to get forwarded. I guess it takes a week to 10 days to start seeing your mail. I have the email notifications from USPS where it shows you pictures of the mail on it's way. It's adding up. Plus one of the pieces appears to be a check from escrow - should be at least one check due to our house sale.

The weather is definitely getting colder now. A few days ago it was still short sleeves and even shorts. Now it's sweatshirts and long pants.  We still haven't needed to turn on the heat though in the mornings yet, though I can't seem to get warm today. My fingers are freezing.

No neighbor dogs barked this morning. Success.

Our bbq grill cover basically disintegrated. I guess it lasted a good 5 years or so. And we need it covered, as rainy/snowy weather will start up soon. But, I've got so much money going out for this or that, I hated to have to spend much on one. I did a search on Walmart.com and found one for like $12 or so, but in looking at it closer/details I see it was just made of like tyvek type  material. Looked like the tarp material of the tarps we've bought. Not too classy.  Then I searched on Amazon and found one that looked pretty good, for $12. Plus I had a $3 gift card code (the last of my Swagbucks), so it only cost $9 and free 2 day shipping. It just arrived. It's super heavy duty and nice. I'm very impressed, especially for the price.

It's really nice not to be spending so much on gas now. Now we make like one trip a week into town (20 mile RT) and maybe one trip into the city (90 mile RT). I pretty much have to make one trip into town for some groceries each week, as our little refrigerator will only hold so much, but not really enough for more than a weeks worth of food. Either that or I drive all the way into the city to shop.

Not much else going on today. I was going to bbq hamburgers for dinner tonight, but looks like it's going to be raining, so better come up with plan B




4 comments:

  1. I paid $30 for bbq cover and it disintegrated. I am very disappointed. I think I will use a tarp over the bbq cover until I can get another one as the rain is going to ruin my bbq grill!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My first one I bought at Walmart when I bought the bbq grill. I think it was like $20 or $30

      Delete
  2. Those covers last maybe one season from the big box stores. So crazy. I cannot wait to stop lugging groceries from car in to hotel (unlocking each door with key card), then into elevator. Uggggghhhh. I don't ever sit anything down outside my room and I touch as little as possible with my hands. Have been sick too much lately. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess we did pretty good to get it to last 4-5 years, but the whole time we stored our grill under a covered area. But it started tearing and then as soon as we started using it here, leaving it out in the open it just fell apart, LOL. How long will you be in the hotel?

      Delete