Friday, September 14, 2018

Quiet Friday

Well, I finally started getting my forwarded mail....and now I'm so confused by the IRS and my 2017 tax return. I owed a balance, that at the time I could not pay in full. I sent a payment for part of the balance with the return in April and requested an installment payment plan. By the time I received the approved installment agreement back from the IRS (in mid July!) I had already paid it all off. Then a few days later I received what I thought was the final amount due of $64 for penalties and interest, which I sent right in. Assumed it was all paid in full now, 2 months ago.

Now, I just got in the mail a notice that I owe $813 and my $400 payment is due. WTH? I logged in my online account with IRS and see all my payments (I was making a payment like twice a month, so I paid it off quicker than I had thought I would), but it says my balance is $1029.  I have no idea where this additional owed is coming from. All my payments add up to what I owed on my tax return, plus the extra $64 owed per the last notice. I guess I'm going to have to end up spending half my day on Monday trying to get through to them and figure this out. Ugh!

All quiet on the Western Front today. No work going on. Sometime today the next batch of lumber is supposed to be delivered, so next week they can get started on the upstairs framing. It's cold out! Got into the 30's last night. The cabinet lady might be coming out this afternoon to do some measurements, now that the walls are framed for kitchen, masterbath and laundry, but I'm not holding my breath. She's been such a flake so far. She said it takes 5 weeks to get them from time of ordering, so we are trying to stay on top of this.

Other than that I'm still fighting being so tired, especially by late afternoon. After dinner last night DH laid back in his recliner and fell asleep. I went and fell asleep on the bed. it was 5:30pm and I woke up at 7:30pm. He's got an excuse why he's tired. I really don't. I feel like I'm getting good sleep, especially since we changed to our king sized mattress. I'm plenty warm enough, so far, while sleeping. Not getting woke up an hour early by barking dogs anymore either. Still taking my vitamins I started taking last month.  It's a half work day for me today, so a nap this afternoon might be in order.

No plans this weekend. I will need to run into town and get some milk and a few things. Figure out dinners for the next week. It's sunny and supposed to get up to 70 today and no rain so I think I'll bbq the burgers I was going to do last night. Last night I ended up doing bacon and eggs on my electric griddle. I like doing eggs on that, after the bacon. They come out pefect, over easy.

5 comments:

  1. You really have/had a lot on your plate with the move and the build so I'm not surprised you're falling asleep standing up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thinking the same. Mentally and physically.

      Delete
  2. Your tiredness could be mental and physical exhaustion. But, it could have a medical cause. Don't let it go on too long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think most of it is mental. Building is lots of stress, especially cost wise

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't imagine the stress, just remodeling had my stressed. It will be worth it, just take care of each other. The IRS right hand does not know what the left hand is doing. It is really scary how much power they have and how inept it is. I once did a 501(c)(3) for a non-profit...never again.

    ReplyDelete