Wednesday, April 25, 2018

What day is it and other ramblings

I woke up and was making DH's lunch and breakfast to take with him to "work" and I couldn't remember if it was Tuesday or Wednesday already. LOL. I was pretty sure it was Wednesday, so I was relieved to find out I hadn't lost my mind completely ;)

I finally got my Swagbucks balance to 2500, so I could cash in for $25 to my Paypal account. My other goal for this week is to get my M-Turk balance to $25. I'm only $11 so far. Not sure I will make that goal, but maybe $20.

DH submitted our receipts and bank draw form to our builder yesterday and he added his bill for concrete and labor. I have no idea how long it takes for the bank to process it. I know she said they use an escrow company for it. Hopefully builder doesn't sit on it too long before he turns in. I'd like to get the credit card paid in full by the due date 5/12. Then we'll also have the balance available again for anything else that comes up. I just marked the payments to me and the excavating company to be mailed. Builder told DH he always marks his to pick up, because one time he was waiting for a draw check in the mail and it got lost so he had to wait another 20 days to get paid. Well, he lives near the bank branch. I'm not driving 55 miles. I'll take my chance the check gets there and to the excavating company. If we start having issues, then I guess I'll go in and pick up.

Book club meeting for tomorrow evening was cancelled. No explanation why. Just an email saying it's been cancelled. It's really hard to get into this. It's either I don't like the book for the month, or the meetings get cancelled. This month's book wasn't one I enjoyed reading (I didn't even finish it) but it would have been nice for the get together. It was supposed to be held at the house of our newest member, who joined about 6 months ago.

My instruction manuals for my small kitchen appliances must be still in a box somewhere. While I found my egg cooker measuring cup and all is good with hard boiled eggs, I'm still having problems with my rice cooker. The online copy of the manual says 1 1/2 c water to 1 c rice. Google says that. I wrote that on a bag of rice I have. But the rice keeps turning out a bit under cooked. I even soaked the rice about 10 minutes before I turned on the cooker. I'm not much of a rice expert at all.

I'm also noticing this getting up an hour or so earlier every day has my butt dragging around 1pm or so. Ugh. Makes working all day hard.  oh well, I'm sure I'll adjust at some point. Maybe I'll take a lunch break nap, haha.

Tomorrow is Thursday. I think I got this now.



10 comments:

  1. I always do one part rice, two parts water for my rice cooker.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I second Bobbie on her measurements. Plus I would rather have a bit of extra liquid than undercooked rice.

      Delete
    2. yes, I'd rather have some extra water and fluffy rice than crunchy rice! I'll have to try to make some more today and see how it goes

      Delete
  2. Actually, some countries use more water and intend to drain it off. I cook my rice in a Corelle dish in the microwave and add extra water so it won't come out dry. Using extra water and draining it eliminates some of the lead that is in our rice. Google it if you need to know more about arsenic in rice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did rinse the rice and then soak and drain (though now I know why, thanks to your info LOL)

      Delete
  3. I've had 2 different rice cookers, and with both if I followed their directions my rice burned. They were unsatisfactory no matter what recipe I used, so I got rid of both. Now I just use a pan on the stove, and it works fine. Other people swear by their rice cookers. Maybe I bought too cheaply made ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mine is just a cheap $10 Walmart rice cooker, but it has always cooked the rice fine until the last couple of times I've used it.

      Delete
  4. I was tempted to join a book club but then I know I wouldn't want to finish a book I wasn't enjoying - life's too short to read a bad book, as far as I'm concerned. Can I ask which tasks you do on MTurk to earn so much. I type up transcripts when I have some spare time but it really is slow going. Anna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've kind of decided if I really don't like a book (I do give it a good try) then I just don't finish it, but can contribute why I didn't like it to the meeting LOL. Plus the food is good, haha. Usually it turns out several didn't like it either. I just do surveys. I type that in the search field, click on "I'm qualified for" and search highest paid to lowest. If I take the time, I can usually do $2-3 a day. I just don't get myself motivated every day.

      Delete