Thursday, April 19, 2018

4 day weekend starts now

It was nice to wake up (even it was too early LOL) this morning and not have to work today. I have tomorrow off, too, and will drop DH off at the property and then head into the city to stock up on some much needed groceries and supplies. The weather has gotten nice and sunny and really warms up during the day now. The ground at the building site is drying out quickly and the mud is going away.  DH says the neighbor dogs have been great the past couple of days. They bark when everyone gets there. DH goes over and says hello to them all at the fence and then they have been quiet all day. Hopefully they stay like that from here forward.

They are getting the shop foundation walls ready to pour, which is supposed to be tomorrow. DH thinks he might go with that other guy for finishing the water well system. We'd save a little bit and it includes work DH was going to do himself.


I have another month left on my Netflix giftcard and haven't been watching anything. Earlier in the week I decided I'd better find something to watch so I started watching The Ranch. Pretty good. Kinda funny. I guess I'm a prude though because, really, it would be just as good, if they didn't find the need to write in the F word 10 times a show.  DH and I haven't had time to get back to watching the new season of Bosch on Amazon Prime. Maybe this weekend we can.

DD hasn't had any luck finding a place to rent for the weekend to host a small wedding. Most places don't want a wedding held there. She found one that does hold small weddings there, but then wanted to charge her an extra $25 per person, after 12 people. Their guest list is like 25-30. She's like they will only be there a few hours! No one else is spending the night there. But she has lots of time to keep looking and she will find something.

Off to enjoy my peace and quiet sunny day with no work (well, other than house cleaning stuff). I have a book I really need to finish. It's the last one of the series and I only have it a couple more days via library e-book borrowing. It was such a long book, hard to finish in 21 days. I've have to read quite a bit every day on it. I don't want to almost get to the end and have it be gone from my ipad. I had to wait a long time to borrow it!

7 comments:

  1. Around here many public venues, like Botanical Gardens, do not charge much or nothing for weddings or charge a small fee. Of course, wedding parities do not have to buy flowers.

    The F word can be left out for my part. I was quite impressed with the Trains, Planes, and Automobile scene where Steve Martin spewed forth the F word many times. Did you see that??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did find a park near where she lives that is reasonable. I don't think I've ever seen that movie, though I have heard of it.

      Delete
  2. Have a great 4 day weekend.
    I love the movie Pulp Fiction even though they drop the f bomb an incredible number of times in the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not prudish at all. I don't find foul language at all necessary. Love, love, love seeing and hearing about the progress of your build. Such a beautiful site on which to build!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is the book you are reading?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Dark Tower - the last book in the series by Stephen King. I finished it with a day to spare :)

      Delete