Saturday, April 7, 2018

Digging done

We have the foundations dug! The guy got it all done in one day. He had estimated a day and a half to two days, but a good portion of the house foundation had already got dug out, when the rockery guy did it to get the dirt he needed. DH is really pleased with this guys work. He's very meticulous, which is right up DH's alley.




This next photo is from the drone. It all looks huge, but DH says that's because the guy digs out from the sides way more than he really needs to
So, house and garage at the top of the picture, shop at the bottom. The builder says he's coming on Tuesday to lay the forms. I'm not sure when concrete will be poured. Then excavator guy will come back and back fill it all. At some point he'll dig our water/power ditches and do our septic system.


Today our friends are coming out as their boy has a couple of basketball games here in town this afternoon. They've got like a 3 hour break between games, so we are all going out to look at our property, then we'll go back and watch boys game. I think the plan is they will all come for dinner afterwards, or we'll just go eat at the restaurant here in town. I'm offering to make my 4 cheese and bacon mac and cheese, so if they all want to do that, that'll be cheaper than us going out. I"m sure they will probably opt to eat here, as they probably don't want to spend the money to eat out. We're really watching our dollars now.

12 comments:

  1. That's a great aerial view. I know you are thrilled to have it coming along nicely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's so great to see regular progress. I hope that part continues LOL. It will be the sitting and waiting for subs to show up that will drive us nuts

      Delete
  2. That is a breathtaking view!
    You have to be crazy excited. I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in love with the view and the setting, for sure. Across the river is an eagles nest high up in a tree. We think they have some eaglets now :)

      Delete
  3. The drone pictures are wonderful, what a great way to see the progress of your new home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really glad we decided to get a drone, rather than paying someone to come out and do it throughout the build. DH is really enjoying it.

      Delete
  4. It's exciting to see your home being started.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's very exciting. I can't wait to see the concrete poured.

      Delete
  5. Love the pictures! I can totally see how you needed to get the rockery accomplished first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad DH knows what he's doing (for the most part LOL) and knew what needs to be done when.

      Delete
  6. The drone images are cool. I'm excited to follow along in your building journey. It's definitely my dream to build my own home. That's a beautiful lot you have too!

    ReplyDelete