Thursday, April 5, 2018

In search of a bedding set knock off

Ever since we bought the queen sized bear log bed (in storage) a year ago (at a dinner auction)

 I've been totally in love with this bedding set  https://www.blackforestdecor.com/alpine-bear-bed-set-queen.html
$339!! and that doesn't even include about $40 for each of the two extra accent pillows in this photo. So over $400. Yikes!! I just can't pay that. So, all this time I have been in search for something "similar", that doesn't cost so much.  You know - "get the look for less". The only thing even close I can find was this on Cabelas site, but it's been sold out the whole time. I don't even know the price on it.  Cabela's Link

I've looked and looked through various online stores to find a plaid comforter similar in colors. I can't find anything. I've tried to change my mind, to find something else I like. I'm sure that's what I'll end up doing, is finding something else, way cheaper.......and I'll like it way less. LOL

Finally - this came across an ad while I was surfing the web a couple of days ago:  https://www.blackforestdecor.com/sage-creek-bear-quilt-bed-set-queen.html?utm_source=criteo
It's really not much like my dream bedding set, but I like it quite a bit. The bear paw prints on it match the paw prints that are on top of the end log posts of our bed.

AND best of all - it's only $70!!!! A couple of the same cute bear pillows would still be $40 each, but that is a way more reasonable amount to spend. I'm saving this link for when I'm ready for it. Now I can stop looking.

13 comments:

  1. I know this site...and receive their catalogs! Have you checked out Wayfair? I came across this, but they have other sets as well. https://www.wayfair.com/baby-kids/pdp/greenland-home-fashions-black-bear-lodge-reversible-quilt-set-ghf2830.html?piid=20368383

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I've looked everywhere,LOL. I really want the green/brown color scheme, so even though this one for $70 isn't plaid, it does have the colors I want (and the bear theme). Thanks for the link.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I'm in love with this bed, too. It's been killing me that we have no room to set it up in this house.

      Delete
  3. It's pretty, but it looks like set on the Blackforest site is just a quilted bedspread, not a comforter, which is fine, if that's what you wanted.
    Have you tried a site called "The Lakeside Collection?" I get their catalogue. Cute stuff, but I can't speak to their quality.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, the cheaper one is a quilt and not a comforter. I'd rather have the comforter, but too much money for me.

      Delete
  4. The bed is beautiful!
    Have you tried Overstock.com I just went to their site and they have many Eddie Baur and Woolrich plaid comforters. Might be worth a look, if you are leaning toward plaid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've looked on there, too. I just can't find any plaid that is predominantly green in color and if they have green, they seem to have blue/navy, which I don't want. Or if I can find something similar somewhere, it's $400 too :(

      Delete
  5. I love that bed too - and that linen is what we get all over this region. Trouble is, it's all year round and while reindeer and stuff look great in winter they don't change it up in the summer. I think that's why so many of those stores go out of business. And your prices seem WAY better than ours. Good luck with the hunt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping the bears will kind of be ok for all seasons. That's also kind of why I really liked the plaid one - take the pillows/bears away and you just have a plaid comforter, LOL. Oh well, gotta live within my budget :)

      Delete
  6. You certainly found a better deal. Don't wait too long or it might be gone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are probably right! I shouldn't wait too long.

      Delete
  7. Thank you for sharing such great information.
    It has help me in finding out more detail about bedding sets

    ReplyDelete