Thursday, July 16, 2015

Work week over :-)

It was a good day for the most part. We have this software program we use for our business, tracking orders etc. We've had it for about 8 years now. A really good system, but we figured there was still a lot about it that is new/updated and/or short cuts we could be taking advantage of.  We brought in a trainer from the software company, who is spending time with each department for the next 2 days. I really had one thing I wanted to know if there was a way to do it (because I hadn't figured it out in all this time). He told me how to do it in about 30 seconds! LOL.  Then he gave me a bunch of other short cuts and tips that pertain to my job using it and boy - they were awesome and will really save some time! Every department was excited about all the things and shortcuts he was showing them.


DD decided to just break off things completely with trying to find an apartment with the remaining girl. It's just been too stressful for her for months and months now. They should have had this all figured out by last May, at the latest.


So, tomorrow (my day off) she and I are heading back to college town to look at several apartments and get where she will be living figured out and deposit put down. I know she will be very happy to have this off her plate and I think in the long run she will like having her own little apartment better than sharing. Her BF can come visit her on weekends and at least for the first quarter she can come home for really long weekends, if she wants. She only has classes on Mon and Wed - all day from 8am to 6pm. She'll probably be a bit lonely at first, but I think she'll adjust fine.

3 comments:

  1. Good for DD. She can always invite the girls she was going to roommate with over for a visit if she gets too lonely, but in the long run she will be much happier on her own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Plus, I totally forgot her boyfriend's sister is going to school there this fall and she will visit DD to hang out and have dinner

      Delete