Saturday, July 11, 2015

Odds and Ends

It's just been a day of busy work. DD is gone for the weekend with her BF and DH has been outside and in the shop all day working on his pick up. I left about 9:15 this morning and got my gas tank filled up for the week. Then went into the grocery store at this station to pick up the .99/lb strawberries on sale. I got 5 pounds, along with a case of water for 1.99. I had only grabbed the tiny shopping cart, otherwise I would have gotten another case of water. I also picked up 6 bags of shredded cheese (mostly mozzarella) to stock up and freeze at 1.66 ea. - oh and 4 donuts - our Saturday morning treat. Got out of there for $20. Then I went to Wal-Mart and did the rest of my grocery shopping. Got out of there for $114. I'll finally be able to cook this week. The temperature has dropped 20 degrees and we are oh so comfortable in cool weather now.


Got home, unloaded and put away the groceries and then bit into the glazed donut I bought for me.......totally stale! The rest (dh has maple bars) were fine, but it was a disappointment to bite into a stale donut.


Then I vacuumed (something is wrong with my vacuum - it started making a weird noise just before I got done) and emptied all the garbage cans in the house. Worked on decluttering a bit more. 2 boxes emptied of misc crap in my bedroom closet, most of it just thrown away, and the rest combined into a 3rd box that wasn't all the way full. Got all of my bed linens put back into the linen closest in the bathroom. Trying something new to try and keep out the mildew smell they get so fast (probably because it's in a small room where we shower and it gets humid, of course). I washed everything and put back in the cupboard with a couple of sheets of bounce and a box of baking soda.  We'll see how that work. If it doesn't help, then I am going to move the sheets and pillow cases completely out of the bathroom linen closet and to a shelf in my walk in closet. I'm tired of not being able to use my spare set of sheets when I wash what is on the bed, because they already smell musty.


Made up a fresh batch of hummingbird nectar (I do this every Saturday) and then chopped up the 5# of strawberries. I chop and then run a little bit through the chop cycle in my blender as DH likes his strawberries for strawberry shortcake really chopped, almost a very thick liquid.  Fit most of it into 3 quart freezer bags and the rest into a bowl in the fridge so DH can have some strawberry shortcake for dessert the next couple of nights.


Now my neck is hurting and giving me a headache. I think it's time for a nap!







2 comments:

  1. Oooooh, a nap I will crawl in with you and we can nap together, I loves me a nap. I also hate stale donuts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think naps are on the top of my list of favorite things :-)

      Delete