Saturday, October 6, 2012

What's cookin?

It's a beautiful Fall day here in my neck of the woods. Sunny, crisp air, and crunchy leaves on the ground.  A perfect day for Taco Soup


Here's the recipe:

1 lb cooked hamburger, drained
1 large can tomato sauce
1 can white beans
1 can kidney beans
1 can pinto beans
1 can garbanzo beans
1 can corn
1 can black beans
1 can chili beans
1 can Rotel
1 packet of taco seasoning

Mix all together and heat up.  Top with whatever you like. We like shredded cheese, sour cream and eat it with Frito's scoops! It's a huge favorite meal of ours and one of the few things DH will eat leftovers.

7 comments:

  1. YUM, sounds great! I'm actually going to make a spicy pot of chili tomorrow with corn muffins! Of course, topped with cheese & sour cream (definitely NOT lo cal!) Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, this looks delicious! Tell me, do you drain and rinse the beans or corn or just add the entire can? Thanks very much, Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa
    I had the same question when I first made this, so I have just kind of guessed at how to do it. I drained the corn, the black beans and the kidney beans. I don't know why, LOL, I guess because the juice was dark for those beans. I didn't drain the others and that added to the juice of the whole pot, which I think it needs. I'm sure it would be fine if all the juices were added, but I've never tried it with draining all the beans.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! Delicious and comforting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks very much! I'm going to try this soon. I really enjoy your blog! Melissa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa! Let me know how it turns out :)

      Delete

  6. THAT LOOKS YUMMY! I LOVE ONE POT COOKING!

    ReplyDelete