Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Murphy tried to get me

Why is it that when something good happens or I get a break something bad just swoops right in to take it's place?

My boss handed me another employee's expense report yesterday and said she is adding 1/2 of this employee's internet bill per month since she works from home quite often (or rather, she works at the office full time and then also puts in more time at home). Then my boss said "if you want we can start reimbursing you for 1/2 of your internet since you work from home"!!  Thank you thank you thank you!

So, I'm sitting in my chair doing the happy dance and since my internet is bundled with my phone and tv, I'm not sure what the breakdown of cost is. I got online with Comcast to look at my bill to see if it breaks it down and what do I see?  My new bill for October is up and it's $43 higher than what it has been! Seriously? 33% increase? Seriously?

I just got off the phone with Comcast and apparently the "promotion" plan I was on for the past 2 years ended. She checked and was able to offer me the same plan at the same cost as I had been paying (for one year). Whew! 

I'm glad I got on the phone (I hate talking on the phone) and called and asked for a reduction.  Now, I really do get to feel the benefit of an extra $25 a month,  with my employer paying half.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on dodging and weaving around Murphy this time! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a nice bonus!! Awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad it was just a Murphy scare:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's indeed quite awesome. Glad your employer is willing to help you out, and glad Comcast was able to extend your deal.

    ReplyDelete