Tuesday, March 13, 2012

2 week grocery shopping

The 2 weeks grocery shopping is going well, though I'm still trying to adjust for how much I need to get to last 2 weeks for miscellaneous items - mostly snack type stuff.  I also kind of like having to figure out 2 weeks worth of dinners, rather than one.  That way, if something doesn't sound good one night, I have a bit more options to choose from to change to one of the other dinners on the list.  At this point I am budgeting 2 take-outs per week, so 10 cook at home meals out of 14.

I don't know that it is helping me save any money, I doubt it, but I guess I will see when I look at my numbers at the end of the month.  I have been trying to bake something to have on hand for snacking the past couple of weekends, hopefully being a little cheaper than pricier pre-made snacks. I made cookies week before last and last weekend I made a cake.  This morning I made some cupcakes - low fat, zero cholesterol version.

I sure did enjoy not going to the grocery store for a big trip last weekend and I kind of lucked out at got to do this 2-week shopping trip early Friday afternoon. The power went out for a big area of the city my office is at, so I had no remote connection into the office and estimates from the power company were 5pm, so our office got closed early for the day.  I got my shopping done and was able to spend time yesterday showering at my mom's and visiting with her awhile, rather than grocery shopping.

Here's my 10 dinner plans:
Chicken Marsala
Club Sandwiches
Meatloaf
Chicken Sandwich Ring
Cheesy Bacon Hashbrown Casserole
Pork Roast
Chicken and Rice
Soup
Chili Dogs
and Chicken Marsala again - my dh loves this and wants it often

2 comments:

  1. If you figure out the snack thing...let me know. We are terrible at that as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if I'll figure it out - seems if I buy more they just eat more!

    ReplyDelete