Wednesday, December 14, 2011

On a roll!

I must have inspired myself with my post about my desk area because I got to work and cleaned it up today! I'd say the mess is 99% gone visibly, though I did not got through the huge pile of paperwork related to my side job (just stuff that needs to be filed). I cleaned out half of one of the upper cabinets (it had papers that just needed to be shredded or thrown away and several big printer cartridges that need to either go to Staples for recycling or just thrown away) and just basically hid the paperwork up there for now. I'll have to get to it sometime, but the way the desk was looking was stressing me out and making me not want to go through it all and just keep ignoring it. Dd and I went to Staples this afternoon and I turned them in for $2 credit each.

I threw out half a years worth of coupon inserts that were too old to use. My little garbage can is full of papers that just didn't need to be kept any longer. I had my son get online with his bank account and sign up for paperless statements, so I didn't have to deal with that anymore. I got online with our power company and signed up for paperless (I was on paperless, but this month they changed their online billing program and we had to sign up again). I tried to do it with the health insurance, but while they have paperless EOB's, they don't have paperless billing.

I put my RiteAid UP rewards and Walgreens Register rewards and a PetSmart $5 off under a push pin on my desk wall, so they don't get buried under papers and then I forget to use them by their expiration date. I still have a small pile of coupons to go through that have either come in the mail or I printed from online. And I wiped the desktop and what I could down with Clorox wipes. Whew - that all sure felt great to get accomplished!!

No comments:

Post a Comment