Saturday, December 3, 2011

Busy Saturday

Lots of receipts sitting in front of me from today's shopping trip, but the total isn't as bad as I thought it might be. $125.11 got me the following:

4 xmas gifts
huge 16lb bag of cat food (this will last months) - along with wanting to adopt a kitty at Petsmart:-) (we used willpower to walk away!)
Misc. grocery items (pop, toilet paper, coffee, bagels, chips)
$4.03 lunch at McD's for me and Dd.
Thermal curtains for Dd's bedroom window - (she is at the cold end of the house, so maybe this will help keep some of the heat in her room)
Dh's prescription ($15 copay)
Free John Frieda haircolor (with coupon, I just paid tax)

I also got back a $10 Target gift card for future use and a $5 Petsmart coupon to use on future purchase of Purina.

My amazon.com order of flea treatment for our cat arrived already. I always purchase "kit" of the Frontline flea treatment. $24 (including shipping) for 8 doses compared to PetSmart's 3 dose pack for $58! It's easy to use, just measure out an eyedropper from the vial and put on back of cat's neck.

I've realized one thing from my tracking spending - I need to add about $50 a month for misc home repairs/maintenance type stuff to my budget, as something always comes up. I've also revised my spreadsheet to not only total what I've spent each day but also give me a running total on each category - then I won't have to spend time at the end of the month trying to add them all up. Much easier!

Dd got some her her xmas shopping done - she is pretty creative with her gifts for her 3 best friends. She is having personalized necklaces made for 2 of them by a local lady who makes jewelry. We stopped at a cute little crafter's boutique and she got a cute little handmade sign for one of them. The 3rd friend is getting a "movie night" basket of 2 movies, candy, and hot chocolate that she is putting together. She also found a very adorable hand-knitted hat that she bought for herself.

Now we are going to spend the rest of the day decorating the inside of the house and putting our tree up.

2 comments:

  1. At first I thought the 16lb of cat food was a Christmas gift... LOL!! Tracking what you spend definitely held keep you on track...I like the idea of eye ping a running total, I'll have to do that too! Saves time in the long run!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL - no it was just a day of miscellaneous shopping, including Christmas gifts :-) I had received a $5 PetSmart Purina coupon when I bought dog food a couple of weeks ago, so I used this $5 and a $1 manuf. coupon yesterday on the cat food and got another $5 Purina coupon.

    ReplyDelete