Monday, September 26, 2022

Moody Monday

Somehow I managed to do pretty much nothing yesterday. DH did go out and spread some crab grass killer and also some other weed type killer. I did hear from our friend who visited, to let me know she was back home. She got home like 1:30 am Thursday morning, slept, and then got up and drove like 4 hours to spend the rest of the week/end with a friend and she drove back home yesterday. She likes to do scrapbooking and said she and her friend spent one day shopping at a scrapbook place, so now she needs to get all the pictures she took here printed out, so she can put them in a scrapbook of her trip.

DD said their new freezer for their garage is being delivered Thursday, so they are really excited about that and being able to get stocked up and have more on hand. They spent the prior weekend cleaning out their garage. She put a few things on Marketplace for like $20 each and made $60. She said she likes doing in $20 increments so then there is not usually change to be made, haha. They are supposed to close on their property on Oct 15th. They did get to meet and talk with the neighbor they will be sharing a driveway and well with and said they seemed really nice. Sounds like they are our age. 

I talked to my mom yesterday morning and she seemed good. Just before I called I checked the camera to make sure she was there and she was at her door talking to someone. I guessed it was a maintenance guy but couldn't really figure out what they were saying and he left. When I called she said something about they were "re doing her apartment". She wasn't quite sure what was going on. First she thought maybe they were replacing the carpet, then she thought maybe cleaning. Then she mentioned something about painting the walls. Well, I had left the motion detection on and when she went down for lunch at noon, a couple guys came in and quickly steam cleaned her carpet. Or at least that's kind of what it looked like they were doing, but not sure how clean it could get going that fast, LOL. But at least she kind of knew something like that was going on.

This morning she seems a bit out of it. She was up and dressed around 7:30. I can't tell if one of the caregivers stopped to see if she was up. Sometimes with the camera on and already detecting movement and her moving around, it waits like 30 seconds to capture the next clip, so it's likely they popped in the door and I didn't catch it. But then around 8:10 I see her sitting at her table eating something. Not breakfast, just some snack she probably had in her fridge. Then just before 8:30 they must have realized she didn't come down so the caregiver came in and suggested she get down and grab some breakfast while there was still time, so she did. It looks like she slept all night, only getting up once to use the bathroom. Now it's 9:30am and I see she's taking a nap in her recliner. Some days seem to be like that, she takes naps and other days (most days) she's busy and barely sits. 

The cat is throwing an absolute fit this morning because we won't let him out this morning, since dh just did the weed spraying outside yesterday. One more day to wait it out LOL. He has not stopped meowing and wrecking havoc in 2 hours, haha. 

I'm kind of waiting to see what is going on with the lots next to us before I spend a bunch of money on the bamboo blinds to replace the cafe curtains in our master bathroom. The cafe curtains have been perfectly fine the past 3+ years and the only reason to replace with more privacy type blinds is because they would be on the property doing construction and eventually living. But, I'm going to wait a bit longer before I order. Even if they are still building, with not much longer in the season to do land clearing (fall is a short season here - we pretty much jump from summer to winter) even if they do keep moving forward, if they don't get out here soon to work on the moving earth part, they are going to have to wait until next spring, so I might as well wait, too. No one is going to be out on the property when there's 2 feet of snow, LOL. But for now we are getting some nice fall weather, so kind of strange the guy isn't out here taking advantage of that to get some work done.

7 comments:

  1. I do hope the freezer is meant to be in an unheated area. I hear the house freezers should not be used in a garage.

    What does kitty do to wreak havoc? The meowing would drive me nuts. Will he play with toys or a feather when he is wanting out?

    If your mother sleeps all night, I am surprised she naps. But, I can do that so I suppose she can, too. She obviously gets hungry so I suppose she forgets about breakfast downstairs. ???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure. We have our chest freezer out in the garage that is not heated and no issues. Plus where dd lives is much milder winters, so they will probably be ok. Kitty meows and meows, knocked over a picture, up and down the stairs, etc. He got to go out this morning, LOL. The breakfast with mom is odd. Even when she is up and dressed she doesn't seem to remember to go down. She has no problems at all with watching the time and going for lunch and dinner.

      Delete
  2. Maybe a weird question but what does your Dh use for crab grass control, I’m in like type weather and have had poor results! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think he has the packaging anymore for me to look. I know we got it at Lowe's...and he's having poor results too! This was his second application.

      Delete
    2. Thanks, it’s a beast to control. I had gotten a name brand from Home Depot.

      Delete
  3. I looked into scrap-booking at a craft fair not so long ago and it looks really interesting. Trouble is, I don't seem to be able to keep up with what I already have going on so I guess it'd be wise to give that a miss and chalk it up to "yeah, would be nice, but not gonna happen"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what went through my mind too, haha. She said the materials can get pricey, too.

      Delete