Monday, July 25, 2022

Leftovers

I didn't do a whole lot yesterday. My lower back was hurting some, probably from riding in dh's pick up the afternoon before for several hours. I finished a science fiction book I was reading. With this new Fire tablet I can't tell how many pages are left in a book, LOL. It shows how many in the chapter are left. This book was high action/suspenseful and I'm reading along and all of a sudden it's the end, haha. It's like it got ended right in all the action, but it was still a pretty good read.

My oven is a little dirty inside so I decided to try cleaning it with this "Pink Stuff" cleaner I got. DD had seen it online and was supposed to work really good. Eh...not too impressed. Yes, it did get some of the gunk off, but not the stuff spots with baked on grease splatters. My oven wasn't really that dirty to begin with, but I'd still like to get it super clean again. The one and only time I used self clean on an oven was years ago and omg - the whole house smelled awful. I'm scared to try that again. DH is sooo sensitive to any smells.

We had brought our leftover dinner home with us from Saturday. DH had had the prime rib and it was way too much to eat and I couldn't finish all of my prime rib dip sandwich I had ordered. For once we actually ate the leftovers, haha. Might have something to do with dh's prime rib meal cost $48! We weren't wasting any of it! I had some sandwich type rolls in the freezer so thawed a couple. Sliced up the meat, sauteed some onions and added some swiss cheese and made him a french dip sandwich out of it. Thankfully the waitress gave me a new small cup of au jus to take home with our leftovers. I thought I had a packet to make some at home, but I did not. 

Dh spent most of the day trying to figure out what stuff he wants for the side by side and where to buy it from. Like me, he overthinks purchases and keeps searching and searching, reading reviews, etc. When he came to bed he said he thinks he found the windshield he wants for it. There are a few things we have to get for it, right off the bat to make it street legal and license it for here. I think a windshield is one of them, along with turn signals. Anyway, figuring it all out is keeping dh busy at least. I seen this morning he sent me links to a couple of inexpensive things he wants. One was seatbelt bypass gadget. I guess if the seat belt is not bucked it will only go up to a certain speed. I think when he will be plowing he won't wear the seatbelt as there are times he'll need to hop in and out and not want to be bothered with a seatbelt, especially with big winter gloves on. 

I need to get online with our insurance company and add the side by side to insurance. Wonder what that costs. I wouldn't think it would be too much. 


2 comments:

  1. I thought I was the only one who couldn't tolerate self cleaning oven smells! We stopped using it. Tried the Pink Stuff also, not impressed at all. Left streaks after using a million paper towels and towels to get the crap off! Now I am on the hunt for something to work GREAT! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dd wasn't impressed with the cleaner much either. I have watched a couple of youtube videos where people used it to clean way dirtier ovens than mine and it seems like it worked much better for them. I too am on the hunt for something that works great and doesn't smell awful.

      Delete