Monday, July 4, 2022

Happy (quiet) 4th of July

Other than the occasional thunder and lightning and rain we're getting, it's a quiet weekend. I'm quiet too - I seem to have developed some laryngitis. No clue why. I have actually probably had it a few times in my life for no know reason. I don't feel sick, no fever. Maybe just a bit tired. I noticed my voice was getting hoarse when my mom called yesterday morning. She wanted me to check her accounts because there are 2 young women working (not sure if she's referring to her new caregiver and her assistant or maybe housecleaner. Who knows.) and she's worried about her accounts. I assured her they are fine and have fraud protection and also that there isn't anything in her apartment that they can get her account information. She said "well, they have my name".  I said they can't get into your bank account with your name, they don't even know where you bank. Then she decided she was just worrying too much. The funniest part was she was she was apologizing for bothering me. I said it's no problem, it's just Sunday and I'm not doing anything and she said well, all the more reason you don't need me bothering you. Ten minutes later she calls again, LOL. I was in the shower and missed her call and since I'm about 90% sure she called again because she forgot she had just called and 99% sure if I called her back she wouldn't remember why she called 15 minutes earlier, I didn't call her back.

DH washed and vacuumed the car yesterday. I finished vacuuming upstairs and chatted with dd some. I watched some more episodes of Stranger Things and am on season 2 now. I imagine I'll be close to finished with it over the next 2 days I still have off work. We had lunch out on the back patio. It's a lot cooler out the last couple of days being rain off and on. We're also getting a break from listening to river floaters and fishermen go by, with this weather. Usually a holiday weekend is lots of floaters (who are usually half drunk and loud, LOL) but with the weather and the river is still up some and pretty fast moving right now. Not so much the slow lazy float down the river conditions, yet.

Then about a half hour after the caregiver stopped in for mom's meds, I got my now regular evening call from mom, I'm sure to again ask how much she is paying this lady....she doesn't need her...she can take her meds herself...etc, call. I decided, since I didn't have a voice and had already talked to her earlier in the day, to just let it go to voicemail. I wasn't going to spend 5 minutes with hardly any voice trying to repeat myself. And I figured 15 or 20 minutes later she'd forget she even tried to call anyway. I saw on the camera she then went and sat in her recliner and watched tv, which thankfully is still working.

Dh has been wearing the same style of New Balance tennis shoe for years. He uses his oldest pair for yard work, another pair for indoor and going somewhere. Well, his better/newer pair he said the left shoe feels like it has no cushion or support whatsoever. He said his old cruddy pair has more than this left shoe. So, I ordered him another new pair and hopefully this pair will be ok. I also ordered myself a new tablet case. I told dd our friends were coming to stay again and since she just spent a week here as a "guest" give me a hotel review - what am I missing? LOL. She said her only suggestion is more towel hooks or rack in the guest bathroom. She said it's fine with just her, but when it's her and her dh there is only one towel hook. There is a towel rack on the wall, but there is a towel and hand towel on it, which of course no one ever wants to use, LOL. It's a small bathroom with low walls and angled ceiling because the upstairs is attic space, essentially. There is no more wall room, so I ordered an over the door towel rack that guests can hang their towels on the back of the door. She said she did like having the luggage stand to put her suitcase on, in the bedroom.

6 comments:

  1. What a good idea to get your dd to give you a guest review. My nephew had to stay with us for a while with work and I did a similar thing.
    He mentioned coat hooks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its still Anne Bee by the way!
      Anne Brew is my real name.

      Delete
    2. Blogger has been really messed up with commenting lately. Half the time I am signed in on my own blog and go to comment/reply and it doesn't show me. Your mention of coat hooks made me think - our 2 guest bedrooms have closets but I don't have any hangers in them! haha! I think I'll order a set of nice wood hangers to split between the 2 closets.

      Delete
  2. I like the idea of a luggage stand too - saves people putting their (potentially dirty) suitcases on the bed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When we went to our Texas friends house last summer, she had luggage stands, which was nice to have. I usually just put my suitcase on the floor, but it was nice not having to bend down so far having it up on a stand.

      Delete
  3. I never bend and dig. I put a suitcase on the bed and think that is dirty. I love a luggage stand.

    ReplyDelete