Thursday, October 22, 2020

Starting the long weekend

DH is making his way through the pallets of storage bins (these things, in case anyone is wondering, haha)


One had some bedding in it and he brought it in. Now I remember it was stuff needing to go to Goodwill, but we didn't have time before we moved. I decided to ask my friend in town if she knows anyone that can use some twin bedding stuff. She works at the grade school and helps a lot of the families who are low income with a food pantry and such she has going on at school. I told her there is an alternative down comforter, a blanket, 2 duvet covers and 2 mattress covers. She said yes, she does! A couple just had their grandkids move in and they need some things. Perfect. I will go drop them off to her later today. DH also found 2 twin foam mattress toppers and she will take those, too.

I just got my messy desk all cleaned up. A stack of papers gone through (and most thrown away). As much as I try to go paperless, there still sure is a lot of papers. Desk is all nice and neat now, though. Looks like it's going to be a fairly sunny day. Cold though. It's only going to be 37 today.

Still on my list to do - clean chicken coop. Dust, vacuum, wrap birthday gifts, and go into town. Oh and dh wants his hair cut, too. I cleaned my kitchen and bathrooms yesterday and cleaned all up after I made dh's breakfast and my coffee this morning. I didn't finish the puzzle. The kids will have to help me, LOL.



 

 

 

16 comments:

  1. Great way to start the long weekend! DH found an entire bedroom in there it seems, haha! How wonderful for those two kids, I know you keep your stuff immaculate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was able to empty out 3 bins, so he was happy. I also found some twin sheets in my linen closet so I put those with the stuff too.

      Delete
  2. Enjoy your long weekend with family!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is great you can help those children and grandparents. I am quite sure they all appreciate the bed items.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's nice to know they are going to someone who needs them and good timing for it.

      Delete
  4. You sound excited to see DD and her husband. Enjoy your long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks :) 6 more hours and they will be here :)

      Delete
  5. It feels so good to donate to those in need. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We got them dropped off. Win for us and the people getting them.

      Delete
  6. It feels so good to get rid of stuff and even better when it helps someone else! A good cause! Enjoy your long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy. Funny you mention that you still have so much paper. I have not had a hard copy thing in 7 months-except for a letter that was sent to home address along with a book for a meeting today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still have to print out bank statements (and lots of them as my side job has 3 dang banks) because I do better with being able to mark on them as I check things off, trying to balance. And receipts....and mail...and I always use the back of paper to write notes all day long while I am working so I end up with lots of those pages.

      Delete
  8. It's so satisfying to be able to pass on stuff to a family in need when you no longer have a use for it isn't it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very satisfying. And especially with what else dh has been able to get rid of (sent to DS)

      Delete