Friday, October 2, 2020

Follow up

About 6 weeks ago, when the fence guy and crew came to put up the fence, I posted this about his nerve at telling dh how (and when) he wanted the video done!  http://onefamilyoneincome.blogspot.com/2020/08/the-nerve-of-people.html 

He even had the nerve to tell dh to make sure he has our lawn mowed when he comes back to install the gates for when dh is taking those pictures and videos.

DH did the video Wednesday. Even decided to make it basically 2 songs long (about 6 minutes) instead of the usual 3 minute song length. He did the song and then he did an instrumental version of the same song. 

He had tried to tell the guy before, he just does these are just videos for himself - basically it's our picture/video album of our house build. For OUR memories. It is not a production video to promote a business. DH even asked him before, have you watched any of them? He had only watched the one for the roofing (because he is friends with that guy and he told him about it). If he watched it (and any of the others) he would see this. While fairly well done, they aren't professional videos by any means, nor were they created to be an advertisement for a business.

So, early evening, dh gets it done and uploaded to youtube. In the little info write up dh does for his videos he did say who the fencing company was, etc. He texted the fence guy with the link to it. The guy did put it up on his business facebook page, but included no comment on it whatsoever, nor could he even send dh a text back reply. Like dh said, oh, I'm sure he's disappointed. It probably wasn't what he wanted/expected. I said well, his wants/expectations aren't what you doing these videos was about in the first place, LOL. 

As I said in the first post - people sure have a lot of nerve.

The guy at the lumber store and the handyman guy totally overestimated how much spray in insulation we would need, LOL. DH called me on the way back home (because he knew I'd get a text of the charge on the debit card) and says he's he thinks it's way too much. It's just a shed, LOL. Between the material and renting the machine the total was $426. I really wasn't sure how much to expect, but I really wasn't expecting that much. As dh predicted there was quite a bit leftover (still in full bags) so it got returned and we got a credit back. In my rough budget amount (just so I'd have something realistic deducted) I budgeted $400 total, including hiring handyman guy. DH got back with the credit and it was $158. He paid handyman guy $150. He was only going to charge dh for like 2 hours. DH told him no, you worked 3 hours, plus you should charge 4 hour minimum, plus you used your own vehicle to haul the equipment and material. So, the project grand total came to $418. I was pretty close to my rough budget amount! Handyman guy also told dh he does finish type work and could help dh do our master closets, so we will probably have him help when we decide to do that project.

The guy doing the "garage" door installation for the shed finally showed up at noon and was supposed to be here at 9am. Plus he didn't bring the replacement panel for one of our garage doors. Apparently that got miss shipped to the wrong building supply place, so they will have to come back yet another time. Will they ever be done and out of our lives??


 

6 comments:

  1. The guy does have some nerve. Free advertisement. I wonder how much $$$ that video would cost if he hired someone to do it. I'm sure your husband did a good job or fence guy would not have posted it for all to see!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't imagine it would be a bit expensive. Like I told dh if he wants that bring your own person to take pictures and videos of one of his jobs and do it yourself!

      Delete
  2. Your DH is way too nice to this contractor. If I were him, I would take the video down and break the link. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he's way too nice to all the contractors. He rants and raves to me what he's going to do or say about stuff to them, but then of course never does any of it. He told me he was going to do the video but just make it private so only he could see it, but of course he didn't.

      Delete
  3. The fence guy still has more brass than the courthouse dome! He has not polished it one bit. That guy is not the least bit appreciative at all. I sometime do a bit of the ranting and then am nice to people who are ridiculous. I have a rich fantasy life. Sounds like your husband does too. Fantasizing what you will say or do gives us some vindication and control.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose you are right, ranting about what he'd like to say or do makes him feel better.

      Delete